Witches Before Wizards

The wind howls as it moves Luz's window open and makes it creak. Luz rolls over in her sleeping bag, breathing heavily. She suddenly wakes up with a gasp and looks around the room as King was snoring, "It wasn't a dream!" hse opens her window, "Good morning, terrifying fantasy world!"

A monster waves at her, "Good morning!" it then sinks into the ocean.

"Ughhh." Luz picks up King, "Good morning, you little cutie‐pie!" she kisses his head repeatedly as he shoved her away.

"I am not your cutie‐pie!"

"Yes, you are!" Luz hugs him tightly before putting back down.

King sighs as he lies down on the sleeping bag, "I know."

...

Cerise woke up to the sound of knocking on her door, "Enter."

Luz barges into the room, "Good morning!"

The scarlet brunette smiles softly to herself as she sits up, rubbing her eyes, "Good morning..."

...

Luz opens the bathroom door, two owls flying out of it and hooting. She backs up when she walks in as Hooty sneaks up behind her.

"Hi, Luz!"

Luz screams and karate chops his face.

"Ow! I'm just wishing you a good morning." Hooty retreats to the front door, "Jeez! Hoot! Ow!"

"Sorry, Hooty." Luz apologizes as she looks down at the bathroom counter and picks up her Azura book, flipping it open to a headshot of Azura as she holds it up to the mirror, "This is it, old girl. Your first day on the Boiling Isles, as a Witch Apprentice." she punches the air, "Hyah!"

...

Luz opens a closet door while covering her eyes, "Please have witchy clothes. Please have witchy clothes. Please have witchy clothes." she takes her hand off her eyes, seeing a closet full of stereotypical witchy stuff, "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!" she screams in excitement.

Luz writes on a name tag, it reading, "Witch Apprentice Luz" as she sticks it to her chest. Luz now wears a robe and what looks like a witch's hat as she stands at the bottom of a staircase. She squeals excitedly while Cerise was reading a book, the sound of a toilet flushing being heard.

Eda steps out and stands at the top of the staircase, yawning as she had on rabbit slippers, "Hmm?"

"Good morning, Eda the Owl Lady. I am ready for my first day of Witch Apprenticeship." Luz exclaims in determination.

"Ugh!" Eda shakes spiders out of her hair, picking another one out of her ear and flicking it away, "Cece, who is this again?"

"Huh?" Luz stares in horror as her name tag falls to the floor. She follows Eda into the kitchen as Cerise sits down at the table, "Remember me? Luz?" she grunts as a mug hits her in the back of the head, "We freed the oppressed and defeated the evil warden together? Yesterday?"

"Kid, lay off the details. I haven't even had my cup of apple blood yet." Eda holds up the mug.

"You mean apple juice?" Luz asks.