38

This had been the worst week of my life. On Thursday the cops came they called me out of my Calculus class. It was just like in the movies where it's just you and them sitting in a small room. They had two coffees on there side I had nothing but a cold metal chair on my side.

"You had romantic relations with Zayn Malik, correct?" A cubby bald officer asked.

"Yes sir, I am his girlfriend." I answered while making eye contact with him. I folded my hands on the table in front of me and had swept my dark hair into a ponytail.

"When was the last time you saw Zayn?" An older one with peppered hair and sunspots asked.

"I saw him last Friday. We spent Thanksgiving together then went back to his house to watch movies. Then I left Saturday morning. Um... Natalie Moore picked me up from his house!" I could feel the sweet bead on my head because I had a fear of cops. I didn't want them to think it was me who took Zayn. The old one scribbled something on his note pad.

"Can you think of any enemies Zayn would have had?" My immediate thought went to Harry.

"Not that I personally know him. I have only been dating him for a month and a half. He is really into art and on Saturday just got one of the biggest galleries to offer him a spot. Maybe someone wanted that spot?" I noted, I was even impressing myself.

"Text Jim and ask him to see what other artists were looking at that position." The old one whispered to the fat one.

"May I ask you a question?" I asked the officer. He turned to me and stared at me to go ahead. "Is there any way that I could go to Zayn's apartment? I would definitely know if there was something out of place." The old cop looked to the younger one who just shrugged.

"At the moment, no. It is a crime scene maybe in a few weeks you can head up." He mentioned and then went on to ask me further questions.

*

"No." I answered as Harry asked me questions about my meeting with the police. It seemed all day all I have heard is questions. I laid on my bed and looked up at my ceiling, counting the wood beams for the fiftieth time this year.

"So they didn't suspect you or anything?" He asked as he paced in the small open space of my room. Harry had been really helpful this week. I never wanted to be alone because my thoughts would go to Zayn and too many questions would fill my head. Harry would usually come over with something to distract me. Tonight it was donuts, coffee, and Brides Maids. He said he brought donuts and coffee only because police questioned me and he thought that was a necessary stereotype.

"No Harry I am not a suspect." I reached over for my latte and took a sip. I picked a sugar donut out of the box and sat up so I wouldn't get sugar all over me. "Harry have you ever been arrested?" I asked as I took a bight out of the warm delicious pastry.

"Yeah, like three times." Harry chuckled as he grabbed a cinnamon donut. He plopped down beside me and began eating.

"Explain!" I playfully hit him.

"One was for a hit and run and two were for an MIP." He laughed.

"What a rebel." I smirked.

"Oh you know me! Rebel is my middle name." He winked.

"Harry Rebel Styles." I laughed. It felt so good to laugh and Harry was usually the one to do it now.

"Shall we watch Brides Maids now?" Harry clapped his hands together to rid them of any cinnamon. I looked over to the clock, it read ten thirty.

"Let me get my pajamas on." I went to my bathroom and put on my leggings and baggy t-shirt. When I emerged Harry had already turned down my bed and was laying in his shorts and t-shirt. He had slept over the past couple of nights just because then he knew I was safe and I just felt safer with someone around. I jumped on the other side of Harry because I preferred sleeping by the wall. Harry slipped his t-shirt off and pulled the covers up so it was just above his shorts. He had propped himself up and hit play on the movie as he reached for another donut. I laid down and the covers hit my shoulders. It wasn't soon till I fell asleep.

*

I woke up the next morning because the sun was starting to shine into my eye. I looked over to Harry who was lying beside me. He was lightly snoring and he looked really... pretty. His skin was glowing from the golden morning light and his hair was in a mess of waves. I looked over to the donut box and saw only one more out of the dozen that were there when I went to sleep last night. I crawled and tried to reach one without touching or waking Harry up.

"I can't even look at another donut." His raspy voice was music to my ears as he stretched out and moaned.

"You had like nine of them!" I smiled as I but into the glazed chocolate donut.

"Yeah, bad decision on my part." He laughed and stared over at me.

"What?" I asked as I checked to see if I had chocolate on my mouth.

"You are just beautiful in the morning." He responded. There was a long silence because I didn't know what to say. I could feel my cheeks getting hot but I just grinned at him. His smirked and got out of bed. He stretched his arms back making his back muscles flex. I could actually feel my mouth water as I looked at how amazing his half naked body was.

NO-NO I can not think about him like that. He is not mine to think about.

Harry grabbed some of his clothes from my closet that he had put there last night. He went into the bathroom and began to change. I chose to just change out in my room. I put on a gingham button up and then through on a cashmere sweater over it with a nice decorative necklace. I slid into some jeans then slipped my feet into some Hunter boots. It was suppose to snow today so I pulled out my royal blue slouchy coat and put that on as well. Harry emerged in a button up loose shirt, ripped jeans, and boots, his usual attire. This time instead of his leather jacket he slung a camel coat on his body. He had brought his hair back in a bun for the day which looked extremely great on him. His hair was getting quite long now. Almost to his shoulders.

"Have you ever thought about cutting your hair?" I asked him as I grabbed my backpack and we headed for the door.

"No, not really." He shrugged.

"I think you would look really good with short hair." I told him as we walked down the stairs.

"Well I will keep that in mind. I am kind of getting bored with it at this length." We stopped my the kitchen and I made my self some toast. Harry stared at me the whole time as I maneuvered around the kitchen. I didn't find it creepy that he starred at me I was almost happy about it. I wanted him to ogle at me. I just didn't quite understand why.

short filler chapter