40

Once we arrived at Zayn's apartment complex, Harry gave his car to the valet and we strode inside. The feeling was foreign. I felt like I was having an out of body experience as my heart welled from all the amazing memories in this apartment and my stomach fell from all the horrendous thought that I may not make any more memories here with Zayn. The flowers didn't seem as alive, the workers didn't seem so cheery. Everything seemed to be so much more dull without Zayn's lively personality whispering in my ear as we walked over the ornate oriental rugs.

Instead I had Harry behind me. He was quiet yet close. He was letting me have the first of many moments that I would have today. I just hoped I wouldn't shed another tear in font of him.

He pressed the elevator button from behind me, his tall lanky body hovered over me. I could feel his warmth and smell his amazing cologne. It was mixed with a slight tinge of cigarette since he smoked one on the way in the city. I felt cold when he leaned back and I wrapped my car coat around me tighter.

"You cold?" He asked as we stepped into the elevator.

"I don't think so." I shook my head. I think I just had the chills. It was in this exact elevator that Zayn asked me to his art gallery. If I didn't show at that I wouldn't have ever dated him.

The elevator opened once it reached the top floor and two policemen were waiting outside Zayn's apartment.

"Hello." I rushed up to shake there hands. "I'm Katherine." I nodded. I turned to Harry, "Harry Styles." He shook the officers hands as well.

"We have to be in there with you. We will just stand by the door." One explained. They unlocked the door and the smell hit me like a ton of bricks. I never realized how much I would miss the smell of Zayn's apartment. It smelled like old books, paint, and spicy cologne. I love it. My throat began to get dry as I stood in the doorway looking at everything. I looked up to the loft and imagined myself laying on the bed looking down at Zayn painting in the living room that was covered in tarps.

"Katherine." Harry asked from behind me.

"What?" I asked as I came back to reality.

"Do you want me to hold your things?" He smiled. I shimmied my coat off of my Model Off Duty t-shirt. He slung the coat over his shoulder and then I handed him my large black bag. I turned back to the apartment. I pulled my ripped boyfriend jeans up and walked to the kitchen. The dishes were still in the sink just like how we left them. His chair was still pulled out exactly in the way he had when he said goodbye to me Saturday morning. All the photos above he kitchen table were in the correct place. I heard Harry begin to converse with the officers. I went out the other entrance in the kitchen and walked down the small hallway back to the living room. His butt print was still indented into the couch. I checked his record player and his favorite record was still sitting there being ready to be played. The tracks on the record where his favorite song was had been run down. It was Wicked Games by The Weeknd. He would listen to it for hours. I cracked a smile at thinking about how he would face time me and after four minutes he would have to run and play it again.

Every book was in it's place, every frame looked like it hadn't been moved. I climbed the latter to the loft in my three inch white heels. I army crawled onto the bed which was unmade, like always. He had put up a couple of our pictures in small frames above his bed. I took one off the hook and examined it. We were sitting with some of his friends on the patio of a quaint coffee shop. He is swishing my face as he gave me a slopping kiss on the cheek. The grainy photo brought me so much joy until I felt the backing. It was smooth and usually picture frames had a wood backing. I turned to frame over and sure enough there was an envelope taped to the back with my name written in beautiful cursive font. I stuck it between my back and the clasp of my bra because I knew the police would never let me take anything out of here. I rushed down the latter and went back over to the four.