5

Harry sat with his pen in his mouth staring at me with a smirk on his face. He had on a red plaid button up. He only buttoned the last three buttons exposing most of his tattooed chest. He had two swallows by his collarbones and I could see the edge of a tattoo on his stomach. Over the plaid shirt he had on his usual leather jacket. His black jeans had holes at the knees and his boots were so worn that I saw a hole going right through the sole. His hair was pulled back by an American flag bandana. His harsh looks were intimidating as I sat in my sweats and sports t-shirt in the library with him.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I put my pen down and stared at him. He smiled a bit as he leaned forward in his chair. Our faces were close, so close I could see the design in his vivid green eyes.

"Because you intrigue me."  His eyebrows were burrowed together but he had a smiled plastered on his face like he was confused.

"Wha-What?" I could feel my cheeks becoming red as he studied my face.

"Yeah, I can't figure you out and it pisses me off." He shrugged while leaning back in his chair and putting his pen between his teeth again.

"I am a pretty easy person to figure out." I laugh awkwardly not knowing what to say. I always thought everyone could figure me out with one glance. I was just a plain Jane who cared about school and college more than her looks and boys.

"No." He shook his head and chuckled. "Did you know you are the first person ever to try to talk back to me and demand an apology?" He bit his lip as he took in my face with his eyes.

"No. I didn't know that." I began to work again hoping he would get the memo that I wanted to work on the project rather than myself.

"I'm surprised you had the guts to do that I view myself as a pretty intimidating guy." He smiled so wide his dimples popped into his cheeks.

"And you are proud of that?" I scoffed shaking my head.

"Well yes Katherine it's good to be intimidating why do you think Ivy wiped the floor with you." He snickered.

"How do you know about that?" I whipped my head over to him. He looked so amused while I sat here in agony.

"I knew about that before she was even through with you. Everyone knows about it!" He emphasized everyone; which made me want to hide in my room forever. I just put my head on the computer desk and kind of hoped Harry would just leave. "But good for you though for trying to stick up to her." He laughed.

"Then getting shot down so far that I can't even come up for air, I was blacklisted." I frowned at him.

"Not getting into Willard house isn't that bad. You probably just won't have as good of future as you would of." He said trying to make it better but it was only getting worse. "So switching topics. Have you gotten questioned yet?" He pulled out a cigarette and twirled it around his finger.

"About what? The murder?" I asked keeping my voice hushed.

"Yeah." He stuck the cigarette between his teeth.

"Mr. Styles! Those are not allowed in the library!" A little frail librarian scolded Harry.

"You got it Debra." He winked at the women who only blushed and smiled at him. Wow, he really did own this place.

"No I haven't which kind of surprises me. I could have sworn the guy with the flash light saw me pretty well to know I was there."

"He defiantly did but you are pretty forgettable." Harry smirked.

"Thanks." I frowned at him, he really knew how to make someone feel great about themselves. 

"I don't mean that in a rude way though!" He grinned at me but I just swatted at him. He caught my hand and looked me straight in the eye but before I could speak I stood up from my chair .

"Maybe we should work on this at a different time." I said as he released my hand. "I am picking up a couple books from Mr. Pearson so we can work again once I get those." I collected my things in my backpack and zipped it.

"I can't this weekend. There is the huge initiation party." His voice trailer off as he looked at my sad face. "Sorry." He mumbled as we stepped outside the library. A cigarette was instantly lit from between his teeth.

"Um... We can do it whenever." I looked up at him. He was about five or six inches taller than me. He looked down at me like he wanted to say something but I just walked away from him. I didn't want to be around him anymore. He made me self-conscious and made me feel less of a person.

When I reached my room Mia wasn't in it. She never seemed to be in our dorm. I signed and grabbed a water from our fridge the settled into my bed. It was only eight o'clock but I was already tired. It wasn't long before I drifted asleep.

The next day was long and dragged on. I felt refreshed because I almost got ten hours of sleep but something just didn't feel right. I don't know if it was the growing number of police that had made themselves at home because of Hannah's murder.  I chose not to make eye contact with them I don't know why but cops always freaked me out.  At lunch I sat alone yet again. I never knew where Mia was during lunch or after school her absence had made me feel lonely. She comes into the room at 9:30 and goes straight to bed.  

Since the day was so boring I decided to stop by Mr. Pearson's classroom. It was now Friday and that is when he told me I should stop by. I figured this weekend I would just do the project by myself and just have Harry read from the power point when we present. I took the steps two at a time in the history building and turned right down the long hall that went to Mr. Pearson's room. I grabbed the handel and opened the door.

Then my jaw dropped to the floor.

Mr. Pearson was sitting in his chair but on top of him was a girl. Her mouth was on his and her tongue was practically down his throat. His hand grabbed at her breasts and her hand was just beginning to unzip his pants. I stood there not knowing what to do. My brain didn't know how to speak as it searched for words. It was like my jaw was stuck in place and I couldn't bring it back up to speak. Then out of the corner of his eye Mr. Pearson saw me. His face instantly went pale. The girl noticed that he stopped and slowly moved her head to wear he was looking.

"Natalie?" 

               *                                  *                                 *

A/N

OH DAMMNNNNNN ;)