33

The food came out in the most brilliant show. The waiters spun around each other as they carried gold platters of food in their hands. One was placed in front of me and the waiter revealed the food by snatching the lid from its platter. A small salad and soup sat on the tray.

“This is it?” I look at Zayn who was chuckling to himself about my reaction.

“This is the first course.” He reminds me. I’d only had a one course meal, why would you need more? I shrugged to myself and picked up my spoon.

“Wrong one.” Zayn whispers to me. He pointed to the spoon that’s the first in the line of spoons.

“Why so many?”

“They are all for different things.” He holds a cute smirk on his face.

“I’m not good at this.” I frown but a smile creeps on my face as I watch him bite his bottom lip trying to hide his smile.

“You’re so cute.” He slung his arm over my shoulder and kissed my cheek. I turned my face and gave him a peck on the lips. Seconds later Zayn’s mom, who was sitting on the left side of him, cleared her throat.

“PDA.” She sneered into Zayn’s ear. My cheeks turned a light shade of pink as i turned to see what the people sitting by us were thinking. None of them were even looking at me. Zayn had a few women’s attention as they stared at him lovingly. I instantly felt protective but the feeling diminished as Zayn but his hand on my thigh under the table. I looked down to Harry just briefly, his eyes connected with mine and a shiver went up my spine. I thought about earlier that night when he saved me for almost ruining Natalie’s dress. I have a connection with him that I just can’t shake. But I am happy and I am loving life so I tried to push Harry to the back of my mind and focused on the lobster bisque in front of me.

*

After a rack of lamb for the main course, a course that was just drinking, and then now a various mini versions of desserts were on my plate. I dug into the cheesecake immediately as Mrs. Styles stood tapping her glass.

“Hello! Hello! I wanted to thank everyone for coming on this thankful day and celebrating with us. I am so thankful for all of you and I hope you have had a wonderful time tonight. I just wanted to make a little announcement about what I am thankful for and then after please share with the people around you want you are thankful for. Im so thankful to my loving husband who puts up with me as I plan this crazy event.” She takes a sip of her wine and everyone cheers in response. “I also wanted to say how thankful I am for my amazing son. Everything just seems to be coming together for him because he just found out he got accepted to Oxford and Columbia university. You have some big choices Harry but I know you will make the right one.” Anne smiled at her son. He took the praise as everyone clapped for him. “As for now please enjoy the wonderful dessert my favorite chef prepared for us. Thanks for coming everyone. Cheers!” Everyone lifted there glasses and began to clink with each other. I followed there motion and clinked with the people around me. I turned to Zayn and we hit the rim of our glasses together.

“I’m thankful for you.” He smiled then took a drink.

“As am I too you.” I leaned in for a small kiss. Then pulled back and sipped my horrible red wine.