1

A/N: Hello new readers!!! I really hope you enjoy this book i have so many things planned already! The idea of this book is slightly based off of the Private serise by Kate Brian. This chapter is extra long because i wanted to get over the begginging chapter boring-ness(?) quickly so i just packed it into one. Next chapter will be quite a treat. 

                                                  *                                 *                                  * 

"Remember honey you don't have to go if you don't want to." My mom looked back at me from the front seat of our Subaru.

"No I want to go. I need to go. I've been wanting this forever mom." I told her but I was really just reassuring myself on the decision I had made.

            I decided that I needed to get away from my small hometown of Newfoundland, Pennsylvania and try to get into one of the most prestigious schools in the north east. The school was only about an hour away from my town but it was something new... Something different. I still remember the day my mom had pulled out the post card from Kingsley Academy in the mail and I fell in love with the thought of leaving and never coming back home. We visited the campus and got to speak to a lot of faculty; I made it a goal to come here, but then I heard the price. It was about fifty grand to attend each year. A lot of rich successful families brought their children here to attend the school raising the popularity of it, and the price. I began to work harder than I ever could to study and take the ACT early and get my gpa up, they could see how much I wanted this. They gave me a full ride, if I kept my grades up and was involved in at least two activities outside of class. Who would ever say no to free money?

            My mom just bit her lip and nodded at me. I knew she was sad I was leaving dad and her alone, but I was almost an adult I had to start thinking for myself. When we reached the golden entrance gates I knew this was the best choice. A large K and A were casted in bronze as they sparkled in the sunlight. My dad stopped and showed the man running the gate my student information and then he opened the large doorway to my future.

                                                            *                                 *                                  * 

Once we got my room all set my roommate still hadn't come. I said goodbye to my parents even shed a few tears as their car disappeared down the hills in front of the campus. I went back up to my dorm room and waited for my roommate. The room came with two large wardrobes, two twin beds, two large wooden desks, and two full-length mirrors. The walls were painted pinky beige and the trim was all in a dark wood. It was a very large room. Even with all that furniture there was still extra room. It was an oddly shaped room. A lot of walls jutted out in some places. The ceiling was a gable since we were on the top floor of the large dormitory. I put my bed on a side where the wall and ceiling met. I had just enough room to be able to get up without hitting my head on the low ceiling. I fixed my flowered quilt so it was perfectly symmetrical on both sides. Then I sat down on my bed and pulled a small trunk from under the bed's wooden frame. I had put extra sheets and blankets in it and it was quite drafty in the large room. I opened the trunk and found a package sitting in a place I didn't put it. I pulled it out and recognized my mother's handwriting immediately.

Katherine, We wanted you to be going to class prepared. Love you so so so so much! ~Mom and Dad xoxo

I ripped through the package and was stunned at what I saw. They had gotten me a new Mac laptop. I looked at the old PC that was sitting on my desk. I smiled as I could feel the lump in my throat form. Suddenly, the door began to crack open so I stood up and regained composer before smiling at my new roommate.