30

Thanks giving break came faster than I had expected. I had finished out the quarter with solid grades and amazing new friends and I couldn't wait to get home and spend time with family. I had called my mother to tell we would have to have thanksgiving early because I had been invited me to a the party at Harrys. I still didn't have car at school so Zayn was picking me up and taking me back home. I didn't tell my parents he would be having thanksgiving dinner with us but I assumed they would be fine with it. I hadn't spoken to Harry for a full week. The notes and creepy feelings of being watched in the house had disappeared and I was finally feeling content with life.

"I'm going to miss you!" Natalie hugged me tightly as Zayn pulled up to the house.

"You'll see me in two days Nat." I laughed as I patted her back.

"I know but that's too long!" She squeezed harder before letting me go.

"Have fun with Wes." I winked at her and her cheeks reddened.

"Have fun with Zayn!" She yelled as I walked to his car.

"Hello beautiful." He took out a poloroid and snapped a picture of me as I walked towards him.

"Oh my god Zayn don't I look horrible!" I ran to him trying to grab the picture out of his hands. His long lanky arms didn't help me at all as I jumped.

"I think you look great." He kissed my forehead as he took my bag from me and set it in the trunk of his car. I looked back at the two houses just as Harry walked out of Harper with his usually leather jacket slung on his shoulders. His head was adorned with a hat and his eyes seemed dark and clouded. He spotted me and I could see him tense up. He held my gaze for a couple seconds but then looked down at his shoes and continued to the side lot of Harper. I got into Zayn's car but couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. I'd seen Harry in bad situations but he looked physically sick. I didn't want to worry about him because it seemed like he defiantly wasn't worrying about me. I had already heard rumors that he had fucked a few girls in Willard.

"I'm excited yet scared to meet your parents." Zayn spoke up as we got onto the high way that led to my small shitty town.

"I'm nervous." I admitted. I was nervous that Zayn would see my crappy small house and boring town and want nothing more to do with me. Him and I are so different I was nervous that he wouldn't be able to understand my family.

"Why?" he looked over at me, concerned.

"Just, we're pretty different... My family is very... basic." I chuckled as he squeezed my hand in reassurance that everything would be okay.

"It's a good thing that I love basic then." He smirked. Leaned my head partly on the center hand rest and Zayn's arm.  I traced his tattoos with my fingers as we drove in silence.

"Katherine?" Zayn rustled me awake and I sat up and reliezed I had slept the whole way.

"Oh my god I'm sorry." I felt my cheeks redden as I checked the corners of my mouth for drool.

"It's alright, love. Where do I go now?" He looked to me and I pointed him into the small neighborhood. My house was a small three bed one and a half story house. It was extremely dated and stuffy but my parents liked the closeness it gave our family. We actually had to talk to each other because there just simply wasn't anything to do. My parents never bought a TV because they care too much about communication. My dad would probably die if he saw that every girl in Willard had at least a forty-inch TV in her room.

"It's right here." I pointed to the last house on the right corner. My mom had pumpkin and gourd decorations littered through out her huge planting pots. The white siding had been updated since I moved but it needed to be since the paint was beginning to peal off.