23

“Katherine you’re going to a fucking art opening not a seven pm movie. This is dressy attire.” Natalie scoffed at me when I came into her room wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

 “I think Zayn will like this though.” I ran my fingers over the ripped jeans and then looked up at Natalie outfit. She wore a tan textured sweater tucked into a tan leather pleated skirt. A long trench coat hung on her shoulders and her feet were adorned with leopard print heels, something only Natalie could pull off.

 “I will not be seen with you so casual at one of the biggest artists in New York gallery opening.” Natalie fished inside of her closet for me, it seemed like she did this whenever we went out together. She threw me a black dress that had a lace overlay. The lace went a little farther down then the actual dress which made it a little edgy looking. I put it on without any questions and then stared at myself in full length mirror on the wall, of course I looked great. Natalie was always a magic worker. I slipped on a leather jacket and grabbed my Fendi bag and we were on our way. We had to make the trek across the campus to the teacher’s parking lot. Wes said that he could drive us so it actually looked like he would be taking us on a field trip.

 “Are you excited.” Natalie squealed from beside me. I nodded curtly at her trying not to show how insanely nervous I was. Zayn seemed to think so highly of me but would he feel the same now? He barley even got to know me, yeah sure, we talked for a couple hours on Halloween but I had been drinking and was more outgoing then I would be today. Plus after learning that he was the richest young man in New York made me not know how to act around him. Before I only thought he was a normal person like myself trying to make it in New York being an artist. I took a deep breath as we approached a smiling Wes.

 “Hey Mr. Pearson!” Natalie raised her hand in a small wave as some English teachers passed.

 “Ready for this field trip?” I chimed in.

 “Yeah you two will be my guinea pigs to see if this is a good idea for next years students!” He said loud enough to that the teachers could hear him. They both turned around and smiled sweetly at him, it was no secret that all the young teachers were crushing on Mr. Pearson. He opened the door of his Ford Escape for Natalie and I. I sat in the back and Natalie sat shot gun. He pealed out of the parking lot and instantly Natalie and his hands found there way together like magnets. The more I saw them together the more perfect I noticed they were for each other.

 “I missed you.” Natalie cooed in Wes’s ear.

 “I missed you more.” He kissed her cheek as his thumb stroked hers.

 “I love you babe.” She kissed him when we stopped at a red light. It was as if they were the only ones in the world. There vision was only focused on each other they completely drowned out the world. I wanted that. I wanted to love someone so much that they were all I saw and I wanted someone to feel that way about me too.  The light turned green as they still were sucking on each other’s face. I cleared my throat which made them actually come back to earth.

 “Sorry.” Wes chuckled uncomfortably. Natalie looked back and smiled apologetically at me. I waved her off and focused my attention on the view outside. It took about two hours get to the city from Kinglsey but I always loved the view. It was a calming and it made me stop thinking for a little bit and actually relax about tonight. I was just going to go into this gallery and be the confident Katherine I knew I could be. I smiled to myself as we passed the thick forest of evergreens.

 As we began to approach the lights of the city I began to feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I was actually excited. There was something about the city something about the liveliness of it that made me want to take the city by storm. Wes turned onto Fifth Street and I could see the lights of the gallery from blocks away. Paparazzi flooded the sidewalk as they snapped photos of every one entering the gallery.