47.

"Hey." The sullen voice can be heard from behind me; I turn around to see Shane who looks glum. My eyes hurriedly avert from his gaze, it makes me sad to see him this way. Fighting with him just makes me sad in general.
      "Hi." I whisper; my eyes meet the floor of the bedroom.

We haven't talked in three hours, I guess I just really needed space today. But why should I need space from Shane? He saved my life last night—again— I guess all of this has just really emotionally been tough for me to deal with. But I need to just accept everything eventually, I don't want any of this to come between Shane and I even if we did get into a fight this morning.

  "Can we talk?" There is a lingering hopefulness in his voice, I look up at him longingly while his tall frame stands before me.

"Yes." Geez; I wish I could sound a little more enthusiastic right now, but that's hard when I feel the way I do right now.

Shane sits down on the bed beside me; I don't feel the need to scoot away from him, I'm over being upset with him about considering lying to me. I can see where he was coming from with that even if it did piss me off. When I look over at him he is already looking at me which makes my heartbeat pound much faster than it has been.

"I'm sorry, Molly. But I've told you many times I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe." He states boldly, he's unashamed to admit to that which makes me feel happy inside.

"You don't have to be sorry. I know you were just trying to protect me; which I am grateful for; seriously, thank you. But you don't have to lie to me to do that, that's part of why I got so upset." I take a breath after I am finished speaking, Shane nods his head understandingly while he brown eyes watch me intently.
"I didn't think you would be willing to hear me out. Rick and I got to talking about how upset you had been when he talked to you this morning. I got so angry knowing that almost happened to you—" Shane stops speaking, his whole body seeming to tense up. "I can't stand the idea of someone hurting you- I- I just can't." 

When he finishes speaking. I stand to my feet; my arms wrap around his neck lovingly as he instantly pulls me in for a tight hug.

"Shh... It's okay." I whisper soothingly in his ear. "I'm okay, I'm okay."

I close my eyes when I feel him lean into my body; not too much but just enough that I can stand my ground while I lean into him.
We both stay like that for a while, just holding one another tightly while our breathing turns in sync.
My faces pulls back as I gently cup his face in my hands sprinkling kisses all over his face; when I reach his lips he deepens the kiss pulling me closer into his grasp. This kiss doesn't feel lustful, it feels passionate and loving; with each tender movement he pulls me on top of his body so that I am straddling his waist while he sits upright on the bed.

The pace of my breathing picks up and I have to slowly pull away for air; when I open my my eyes I see that Shane's are still closed, his brows are furrowed. His eyes open while we gaze at each other, I want to speak but I am too dazed to find the words.
His fingers tangle in my hair as he pulls me back to his lips, I take in his cool breath which makes me lean into him more. Small moans begin leaving my mouth when he gently bites down on my bottom lip, I hear him mutter a curse word under his breath.

The feeling of his hardened member against my thigh causes the familiar feeling to return between my legs, Shane takes me by surprise when he flips me over onto my back which parts our lips. Our breaths are completely ragged by this point while our foreheads rest against each other; it's like he is trying to fight against himself. He doesn't want this to be just about sex; he wants to express his love.

      "Molly..." His voice is hoarse and low. I look up at him opening my eyes to meet his dazzling gaze; these are aren't lustful at all, they hold such a softness to them right now. "I love you." He mumbles, pressing his soft lips against mine again.