42.

Carls arms wrap around my waist before breaking the tender hug, his alabaster face wearing a cheerful expression on it. The next pair of arms to hug me is my dad, his eyes look joyful, but I can see the fading glossiness in them from the ceremony. He clears his throat before flickering his gaze between Shane and I, "Congratulations both of you."
"Thank you, Rick." Shane exchanges a 'manly' kind of hug before breaking. "Take care of her." Rick mumbles gruffly, but I can see the elation in his eyes.

"Always." He reassures him, I smile at their interchange. My eyes land on Shane again; the long sleeve white button up brings out the honey in his eyes.

The room is filled with people dressed in clothes that are clean and as formal fitting as can be during the worlds current situation; but it doesn't matter to me how everyone is dressed— I am just happy they came to celebrate with us. Elizabeth was kind enough to loan Maggie and Beth their dresses, I am sure she would have given fancy clothing to everyone if she could for this event. I don't notice Maggie is barefoot until I see Glenn twirling her in his arms while the violin plays a soft modern tune, they look beautiful together.
"Congratulations to you both." Carol smiles, Daryl follows behind her thanking us softly. A lips form a smile, but it doesn't measure to the happiness inside of me.
"Thank you." Shane and I speak in unison, I almost laugh.
The departure of thanking our guests finishes when Shane turns to face me abruptly; he holds his hand out for me to take. "Well, shall we?" His voice hums in my ears. I'm not much of a dancer, in fact I am not so sure I know how to even move my feet to the Cupid Shuffle, but I would be mad to pass up a dance with Shane. My hand lays with his while I follow him to the circle the crowd has created, he pulls me closer one hand around my waist, our hands tangled with each other, my left hand automatically rests on his shoulder while our bodies begin to sway elegantly to the gentle tune being played.
"Who is playing the music?" My voice questions.

"His name is Derek, he offered to play for us when he heard we got engaged." The coolness of his breath hits my ear. I do not know how my legs are holding me up, my knees feel wobbly, but somehow I am dancing with Shane without falling.

"Relax, you're doing great." He murmurs. I know he can tell how nervous I am. I am sure I look the part of the blushing bride right now.

   My head rests on his chest while we continue dancing, I close my eyes and focus on the feeling of his warm hands around me. Oh, how I love him... This is everything I could have ever asked for.
The song comes to a smooth end, we stop moving while Shane removes his hand from around my slender waist. Another song being played can be heard, it sounds almost familiar to me, but I cant put my finger on where I have heard it. Surprise fills me when I am led to the square chocolate cake, my eyes grow wide, how did they do this? It's such a thoughtful gesture. I can't imagine all of the resources and searching it took to find the ingredients to make this cake, and it looks delicious.
It isn't large enough to feed everyone, almost the size of brownies being in a tin, but nevertheless we can all share. Everyone splits smaller pieces of the cake, Shane and I being presented with the first pieces.

"Carol and Evelyn made it, they call it the Great Depression cake." Beth smiles, I want to hug them.

"This was so thoughtful."

"I'm so happy you like it." Carols soft voice comes up from behind me, I wrap my free arm around her briefly.

"Thank you." I whisper, she returns the hug.

Rick and I share a bonding father daughter dance, he humphs and coughs when his eyes become glossy—but I can see through him; it just makes this moment all the more special to me that he is so affected. I am surprised that we even have music, it was such a shock to me, I expected a simple yet elegant ceremony; but we have been blessed with music, and a cake, along with so many friendly faces that attended today. My body twirls in Rick's arms one last time before the music comes to a slow stop, I am led back to Shane who gives me a loving smile. He leans his lips down closely to my ear, "You're breathtaking." A grin forms on my lips while my
body leans warmly into his chest.