1.

Authors Note: Thank you all for choosing to make Serendipitous your next read. When I first started this, I didn't think it would get very big. But here we are. Everyday I get notifications that someone has added this story to their library and that makes me smile. I really hope you all enjoy the story. Don't forget to leave a vote and comment!
And if Serendipitous is not the story for you, there are plenty of other romance stories on Wattpad for you to read :)

The front door swung open, I ran inside with a happy grin on my face while Adam playfully chased me. The feeling of his arms snaking around my waist caught me by surprise as a playful shriek left my lips.
I turned around to face him as he smiled down at me, his fingers brushed the stray hair out of my face before he slowly began to lean down to make his way to my lips. I tried to even out my breathing from running around the front yard with him a few moments ago. The sudden sound of someone clearing their throat causes me to jerk my head to the sound of it's direction as my gaze met with Shane's chestnut eyes.

"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your dad told me the curfew for having friends over is eight, it's eight-thirty." His clear voice made its way through the room in a calm manner as I felt Adam let go of his embrace around me.

"Oh, okay..." I respond. I turn back to face the tall brunette; Adam places a kiss on my forehead making me smile softly.

"I'll see you later, Molly. See you, Mr.Walsh." He states. After grabbing his backpack from the couch,  Adam makes his way to the front door.

"Bye!" I called out after him. When the door closed behind Adam I turned to face Shane who was standing in the living room with a seemingly smug expression. "You could seem a little less enthusiastic about telling my—friend that he has to go home..." I trailed off feeling awkward at the idea of calling Adam my friend even if it is what we were. Adam and I had been friends for a little over a year after he transferred to my high school senior year, I knew he had a crush on me but we never actually acted on it. Until he came close to kissing me tonight, we mostly playfully flirted.

"My apologies, I'll try to look more empathetic next time" Shane responded before taking a seat on the couch. I ran my fingers through my hair as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cupboard before filling it with cranberry juice as I made my way back to the couch where Shane still sat. As I took a seat beside him, I sipped my juice carefully before speaking.

"I don't see why my dad insists on curfews for me, I'm eighteen... And I also don't see why he insisted on having you stay over for this weekend, I'm capable of taking care of Carl. No offense." As the words left my lips Shane smirked making the corners of his lips turn upward.

"I know what you mean. You may be his oldest child but he's always been very protective of you, you're his little girl." Shane responded as I listened intently.

"Well, yes. It just feels like he still wants to keep me that way forever, I'm graduating in a month and it's a Friday. He can't even leave me home alone for a weekend while he goes to celebrate his anniversary with my mom." My sentence sounded like more of a question as I finished it.

"He's just very protective of you, don't take it personally as if he doesn't trust you or like he thinks you can't handle being by yourself. You and I both know you're capable of both." Shane said and I smiled softly. I appreciated how he took the time to listen to me, to understand what I was saying rather than dismiss me as if I'm just bantering like a dramatic teenager.

"Thank you for listening."

"That's what I'm here for when I'm not getting under your skin." I chuckled softly at his words. As I took another sip of my drink I stood up from the couch to go to the kitchen and wash my glass out and clean up the dishes from dinner tonight.