46.

The redness on Shane's knuckles isn't as angry as it had been last night; the blood has formed a scab from where he'd hurt himself punching Noah so many times. I can't help but want to take care of him in some way; my eyes scan his nose that was once bloody from being punched. That seemed to be healing nicely, it isn't broken that I am aware of thankfully.
    Soft snores can be heard coming from his lips which are slightly parted in this moment; I don't want to wake him he looks like an angel. The messy curly hair on his head adding to his charm and beauty, how can someone look so beautiful while they sleep? Impossible. I decide to get out of bed and go get some sunlight; Shane deserves to sleep in after last night, he was the one who rescued me which I am extremely grateful for. I don't even want to think about what happened last night with Noah; but I am sure that will be an impossible things to not do considering everyone is going to ask me if I am ok which will remind me of last night anyway.
The sunlight hits my skin causing me to close my eyes and bask in it. I don't care that my hair is probably messy, or that I am still in Shane's t-shirt and a pair of shorts that hide under the length of the shirt. My legs dangle from the edge of the rocks while I run my fingers through my long brown hair.

"Molly?" The familiar voice of Beth can be heard from behind me; what is she doing up this early? I've never actually seen her up at sunrise.
I turn to face her; forcing a smile to put her worried blue eyes at ease. "Hey Beth."

She takes a seat beside me, leaning into my shoulder momentarily. "How are you this morning?" She asks, she's trying to tread lightly which I respect.

"I'm fine." The lies I can try to convince myself and everyone around me of; Beth gives me a knowing expression. Our eyes linger for a moment with one another like she's reading me, it doesn't make me uncomfortable, instead it makes my eyes begin to water.
"Molly, you can tell me truth." Her convincing voice is enough to make me wipe away a few tears that stray onto my cheeks.

"He was supposed to be my friend. He was— We were friends. I knew he didn't like Shane, I knew he was jealous. But I didn't think it would turn into this!" I exclaim bitterly, her hand rubs my back. I shake my head in confusion while abruptly trying to stop the tears that I wasn't supposed to let anybody see today.

"We all knew he liked you, and we could all see that he was very upset after you married Shane." Her soft voice states; I look over at her.

"Am I that blind?"

"No."

"Then how couldn't I have seen last night coming?"

"Molly last night wasn't your fault. Noah stole the alcohol from the kitchen; we were going to try to cook with it. Obviously that didn't happen... He just lost his head; Noah lost himself and from the looks of it he lost himself a long time ago. What he did was horrible, and I hope they ban him from the cave." She spits while frowning angrily.

"They're making Noah leave?" My tone growing surprised; what he did yesterday was horrible, and I don't even want to think about what could have happened if Shane hadn't of shown up. But throwing Noah to the walkers seems... inhumane.

"Why do you look so shocked at that?" Beth questions. "What he did was horrible. I don't know what they are going to do with him; I am just speculating."

"Because it seems inhumane." I state simply; Beth frowns causing her light brows to pull closely together. 
            "And what Noah was planning on doing to you wasn't?" She continues, I cross my arms and shudder while averting my gaze from hers. Her point is valid, but I just don't think we should throw him out to be banished.

"So does that mean we stop being human, too?"

"Why are you protecting him?" She asks in frustration.