22.

The silence around the camp makes me uncomfortable along with the sound of Carol scraping the rest of the eggs onto T-Dogs plate. No one is talking, it's making me antsy. It makes me feel like I'm just going to word vomit that I'm pregnant to everyone here, it's becoming so stressful to keep this to myself. My eyes dart from my mom to my dad who are seated aside one another, they are going to freak out when I tell them. I flicker my attention to Shane who's standing beside a tree, he might do either one of two things when I tell him— ask me to get an abortion which I'm not sure I want to do, or tell me we can keep it can raise it together. In a world of walkers. My options are just sunshine, great. Also the smell of these eggs are making me nauseous though I've been nauseous for days now.

"Um, guys" Glenn breaks the silence, I look over to him. "So...the barn is full of walkers" Now every one looks up from their plates to Glenn, I feel as stunned at the rest of them look. No one says anything, not a word for a few seconds as they are all trying to process this.

"Alright." Shane mutters under his breath, he begins walking toward the barn and we all follow after him like ducklings after the mother duck. All of us in a silent neat row when we reach the barn. Shane peaks through the wooden crack for a moment before turning to face us.

"You cannot tell me you're all right with this" He growls as he walks over to my dad. My thoughts wander, what if he says the same thing to me when I tell I'm pregnant?

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This Isn't our land" My dad responds.

"This is our lives man!" Shane retorts.

"Lower your voice" Glenn pleads.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug" Andrea chimes in.

"I don't feel safe" I state trying to sound calm.

"It ain't right. Not remotely. Okay,we've either got to go in there,we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time" Shane tells him.

"We can't go" My dad responds urgently.

"Why, Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there" Carol reminds us all.

"Okay." Shane fails to hide a smirk and a snide laugh of frustration. Is he being serious? "Okay, I think It's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility"

"We're not leaving Sophia behind" My dad barks.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago" Daryl reminds him.

"You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll" Why is Shane being so harsh?

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about!"

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours!"

"Shane, stop" I snap at him.

"Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck,she would run in the other direction" Of course he continues. I clench my jaw as everyone begins shouting at one another.

"Back off!" My dad shouts at Daryl lunges for Shane, I grab Shane's arm tightly when I realize he isn't going to back down while my dad furthers Daryl.

"Keep your hands off me" Shane warns him, he begins walking away from us.

"Now just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out" My dad responds.

"What are you gonna figure out?!" Shane snaps turning back to my dad.