Chapter 28

THIRD PERSON POV.

Dev landed safely in Bangalore after he left Pune. It's been a while since he has been here and he has missed his hometown. He was currently been driven by his driver from Bangalore airport to his house. He thought of calling Radhika and telling her that he landed safely. He called her and she picked it up at the second ring. "Hello! Reached safely?" Radhika asked.

Radhika was doing her grocery shopping when Dev called her. Dev smiled to himself and said "Yep reached safely. Tum kya kar rahi ho?". "Grocery shopping." Replied Radhika while picking up some yogurt. Radhika asked "Vese tum Ghar pe ho ya raste mai?" "Raste mai. I swear the airport to Bangalore city ek alag traveling hai." Radhika laughed at that and said "I know. Vese tumhari kal meeting kitne baje hai?" "Tomorrow morning 9 AM. It would be a normal meeting before the season I guess. Virat bhai bhi aa rahe hai." "Ohh...'' said Radhika.

Dev then asked in a bit whispered voice so the driver won't hear "Vese tumhe Mera surprise kaise laga?" A smile formed on her lips as she remembered it. As soon as she waved him goodbye she went to her cupboard. There it was not just his hoodie which he gave earlier but with that there were 2-3 hoodies more with a note "Keep as much as you want. Ask for more if you want."

As there was silence from the other end Dev guessed she was blushing at the other end so he continued "Itne baas hai ya aur chahiye the?" Radhika blushed harder at his question and said "This much is enough for me." Controlling her smile as she was in the Mart in public. Dev chuckled and said "That means you liked my surprise. Good. Vese mujhe mera replacement nahi mila." Said Dev hinting she didn't replace her old handkerchief with a new one.

Radhika was blushing but she was out in public so she said "Okay stop for now. I am outside, so stop making me blush." Dev laughed out loud at that and said "I have such bad luck that I can't see you right now. Vese I want a new handkerchief. This one's losing your scent.". "Okay, okay I will give you a new one once we meet." Radhika said, smiling ear to ear. Dev smiled at that too and said "I am holding onto that promise." They talked for a while before Radhika had to hung up as she was nearing the checkin counter.

Dev got to his house and rang the doorbell. He was greeted by his smiling mother "Agaye." Dev hugged his mother and said "Ha. Kesi ho aap?" "I am fit and fine as usual tum batao. Itne mahino baad ghar aye ho." Said Ambili Padikkal as they both entered the house. "I am fine as well Mom." Inside Dev's father who was sitting on the sofa stood up to greet his son as well. Dev hugged him as well and said "Hello Appa. Kese ho aap?"

His dad patted his back and said "I am good . Acha khele tum last match." Dev nodded his head with a smile. Ambili Padikkal then said "Jao jaldi fresh ho jao aur khana khane aa jao. Uske baad thoda aaram karna kyuki sham ko Chandu aa rahi hai." Dev nodded and took his luggage to his room. After months of traveling he was finally eating the food made by his mother.

In the evening Chandni Paddikal and her husband came to the Paddikal's as well. Dev had a lovely time with his family as he was meeting them this relaxed after months. He was mostly traveling now and then so he didn't really spend time with his family. He had dinner with his family which was filled with a little quarreling with his sister and talking about funny stories.

After dinner when everybody was sitting in the hall having ice cream he thought of talking about him and Radhika to everyone. He knew Radhika told him to take his time but he didn't want to hide her, at least from his family. He was his girlfriend and he was lucky and proud of having Radhika in his life. Plus if his family got to know about this from outside it would hurt them so he himself wanted to tell them.

Dev while eating the ice cream snidely asked "Vese mom, you remember Radhika right?" His mom narrowed her eyes suspiciously and asked "Haa yaad hai." "Kon Radhika?" Asked Dev's father. Chandni than answered "Radhika Appa, vo Shubhang aur Megha ke wedding hum mile the." Dev's father nodded recalling meeting her and asked "Ha to uska kya?"