Chapter 6

Sorry for so much of delay But here is the next chapter.
Above is the dress which Radhika wears.

Third person pov.

Days passed and then came the 3rd test match of the series. Devdutt entered the ground with new confidence, keeping everything behind. He knew he had to start it again. Make himself and others believe in him again. Play the game he loves so much with focus and full heart. He just didn't know that putting everything on a single inning was building a pressure on himself. He wanted to play good but that's not just it, he was somehow bothered by the people outside who were doubting it. He himself was losing confidence in himself and wanted to gain it back. But thinking about everything developed a pressure on him to play. He never played with pressure but today as he wanted to not just play but to prove to everyone there was pressure.

Devdutt was in the playing eleven with him opening with Shubman. They get a good partnership of 50 runs. Devdutt was seen quite good while playing but due to an inswinging ball he was clean bowled. He didn't think the ball would swing like that and played the wrong shot.

The last bit of confidence he built up in himself for this game got cracked. He tried to stay strong so no one would worry about him but it was not getting easy.

He walked out of the field with 26 runs in his hands. But there was something else which was bothering Virat and Rahul who were sitting on the balcony. The confidence and calmness which used to ooze out of Devdutt was missing.

He looked dejected, lacking confidence and disappointed in himself.

The whole first day he just sat on the balcony and watched the game without getting changed or showered. He still looked gloomy when the day ended and they reached the hotel.

KL Rahul just came out of the shower and sat on the end of the bed in his room thinking about Devdutt. Athiya came and found Rahul sitting on the bed looking at the wall aimlessly. She placed her hand on his shoulder and asked "Kya soch rahe ho?" (What are you thinking about) In a soft voice knowing something is bothering him. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh. He fully turned towards her and said "About Dev..."

Athiya knew the topic was serious so she sat down opposite to him and placed her hands on his "What about him?"
"Just overall." Said Rahul.

"But winning and losing is a part of the game right? You say this yourself."
"Losing is a different thing and getting frustrated and disappointed in yourself is different. Today when he walked back from the ground it felt like he was not just out but disappointed in himself."
"Don't worry Rahul he is our Dev. Some bad days won't change the fact that he is a great player."

Rahul gets up aurbuturly and almost shouts. "That's us Athiya! The people, media, Board, everyone won't think like that. They won't understand it that way. People would find new ways to troll you, the media would bombard you with absolutely rubbish questions, and the board too loses confidence in you." Athiya went towards Rahul and rubbed his back saying "Okay okay calm down. We all are with him. Okay?"  "I just don't want him to go through all that I went through. That was not a good phase.

Everybody doubts you so much that you yourself sometimes lose confidence in yourself." Rahul said this and went towards the window and said "Ek to ye kuch bolta bhi nahi he jyada. (He doesn't even speak much) He would keep everything inside him and won't even say anything. He doesn't like to share everything on his mind and would keep on thinking about it. I am just worried for the kid."

Athiya came beside him and side hugged him and said "Don't worry we all would be with him and it all would be fine."
"I hope so..." Said Rahul, looking outside thinking about Dev.