Chapter 20

Listen to the above music while reading the chapter...

THIRD PERSON POV.

It was night time and the whole house was silent. Radhika came into her room which she was sharing with Chandani Padikkal. She went inside the bathroom to change and came outside in her night clothes.

 She went inside the bathroom to change and came outside in her night clothes

She was very tired and just wanted to sleep. She got into the bed but before she could lay down her phone buzzed on the side table. Radhika first looked at Chandani to see whether she woke up because of the sound but she was still in her deep slumber. Radhika checked her phone to see it was a message from Dev.

'Come down near the gate in 5 minutes.'

Radhika looked at the message confused thinking 'Isse itni raat ko chit chat karna hai?' Nevertheless Radhika slowly got out of the bed and tiptoed outside so she wouldn't wake anyone up. When she was walking towards the staircase she felt a hand on her shoulder. Radhika closed her eyes thinking 'Pakde gaye...'. Radhika turned around to see Megha's mother there. She asked Radhika "Beta itni raat ko kaha Jaa Rahe ho?" Radhika fumbled a bit but said "Kuch nahi aunty vo kitchen Mai paani peene jaa rahi hu."

Megha's mother nodded her head and said "Okay. Paar jaldi so Jana ha." She said with a smile and left from there. Radhika blew a breath and went outside to the gate.

There she saw Dev sitting on a bike all ready to go somewhere. Radhika went to him and asked "Kya hua itni raat ko kyu bulaya aur kaha Jaa rahe ho?" Dev simply handed her a jacket as it was year ending and the night was very chilly. "Ye pehno aur peeche baitho." Said Dev started his bike.

Radhika was utterly confused and asked "Kyu kaha Jaa rahe hai hum?". She asked as she wore the jacket as she felt a bit cold due to the chilly night wind. Dev said "Yaad hai tum mujhe vo hill pe leke gayi thi taare dikhana." Radhika nodded and Dev continued "Well aaj taare zameen par ayenge. Baitho peeche Jana hai." Radhika trusted Dev with her life so without any questions she sat behind him.

Radhika kept her hands on his shoulder for support. Radhika's touch was electrifying for Dev. He smiled and started his bike. They passed by the village and now were a bit outside. He drove there in silence enjoying the quietness of the night. He parked the bike at a side and told Radhika to get down.

Radhika got down and looked around. She asked "Yeh kaha hai hum?" "Hum Village ke thode se bahar aye hai. Hume yaha se Chalke Jana padega." Dev stated. Radhika nodded and started to walk when Dev held her hand. Radhika looked behind at Dev.

Dev held her hand and pushed her jacket's sleeves a bit up. He could see the scar of the injury which happened on her hand. Radhika saw what Dev was looking at and she just stood there letting him see her scar. "Pehele puchne ka mauka nahi mila. Kaisa hai ye abb?" Dev asked, looking at the scar running his thumb over it. He touched her so tenderly that it warmed her heart. She said softly "It's all good. The scar would fade away after some time." Dev just hummed in response looking at the scar.