Chapter 7

Radhika's POV.

Well I guess, muze vaha jake kya hoga uski chinta karne se pehele hum vaha kese jayenge uski chinta karni chahiye thi. Kuki hum abhi traffic me hai, jo bade aaram se chal raha tha. Rain and traffic go hand in hand always.

Devdutt and I were sitting in the car with old Hindi songs on the radio. He then asked me "You should also call your family and tell them you won't be able to go home today." I rested my chin on my hand while my hand was near the window and looked outside the window and said "I actually live alone in Pune." He then asked, "So your family?'' I turned back to him and said "Actually we used to live in Mumbai. I came here for studies and then also got a job here. My sister lives in the US with my mom and my father is no more." "Oh, I am sorry." I chuckled and said "Why are you sorry? It's okay. Vese acha yaad dilaya I would call my neighbour Aunty to keep a watch on my house as I won't be there today." I said and dialed my neighbour.

I had a brief conversation with her and told her to keep a check and also assured her that I am safe. I kept my phone and looked back at him. He was tapping on the steering wheel and looked nervous, like he wanted to ask something but didn't know how to. So I asked "Do you want to ask something?'' He looked surprised towards me and then said "No, Nothing." I nodded, unsure. I know he wants to ask something but I can't push him much so I kept quiet.

The song that started now was 'Bade acche lagte hai.' It's one of my favorites. I relaxed in my seat and rested my head against the window. I ran my hands through my hair and I then noticed my hair are wet and still in a ponytail. I at once freed my hair from my ponytail to notice they were very wet. Yaar aaj to Duppta bhi nahi he towel ki tarah use kaar sakti. I was running my hands through my hair in an attempt to set it properly as they are very long.

I was doing that when I looked at the side to notice he was looking at me keenly. He noticed that I noticed him and he arbitrarily looked ahead and cleared his throat. He then asked "A.. A... Do... Do you need a towel or anything?" I shaked my head no and said "No it's okay they would dry up." "You would catch a cold if you stay like that. There's a towel and my hoodie on the back seat. Please wear that as well."

I nodded in yes and unbuckled my seat belt to turn around to take those. As I was taking those by mistake I again hit my ankle and it pained a bit. I hissed and quickly took the things and sitting back. He looked at me briefly and then back at the road and asked "You okay?" "Yea I am good actually I hit my ankle again." I said wearing the hoodie. "Again?" He asked and I then answered "Actually I hit it during your match as well. I got so excited that I hit my ankle on a railing beside it and therefore got injured a bit."

"So you weren't disappointed?" He asked me as soon I finished saying with a surprised happy look. I was totally confused as to mene esa kya bol diya. "Why would I be disappointed in you?" I asked completely bemused. He then tried to cover it up and shifted in his seat uncomfortably "No, Nothing." I knew by then that kuch to baat he so I shifted myself towards him in my seat, giving him my full attention and said in a soft voice "Bolo na." He looked at my face one time and then looked back at the road saying "I thought you were disappointed in me for not playing well. Like when I got out, you sat there with a sad face so I thought you were disappointed."

I then understood what he was thinking and just said one thing with a proud smile on my face "I am a proud Indian and I am very proud of my Indian Cricket Team. I know they try to give their best and I and many Indians would always be proud of them. You know why I was sad? I was sad because due to my injured ankle I was not able to cheer for you guys" I then looked ahead and said "And those who troll or don't support you in a bad phase are not your real fans and don't have anything else to do in their life. So never let them affect you." He looked at me with something in his eyes and a relieved smile dancing on his lips. He looked back at the road with the smile and said "Thank you." His smile was infectious as I was also smiling when I replied "You're welcome."