Chapter 22

THIRD PERSON POV.

3 Days later in Mumbai...

Dev was running on the treadmill in the gym. ICT's gym instructor said "Dev stop for today. You have already spent enough time in the gym. Go and rest now." Dev stopped the treadmill and nodded. He wiped his sweat with the towel and proceeded to go towards his room.

He went into his room and went for a shower. No matter how much exercise he did or the practice he did, the scenes kept playing in his mind. He closed his eyes and let the water cool him down.

After the Pooja was done Dev insisted on leaving on that very day. They were supposed to join the Indian Team anyway for their South African tour so no one protested. Others did feel the change in Dev. He didn't talk the whole time to anyone, just kept thinking. KL and Virat never saw him like that even after a very bad match.

They thought something went wrong between Radhika And Dev as even Radhika left without telling anyone anything. Rahul Dravid too noticed it but KL and Virat told him to not worry about it as they wanted to keep it on their level to not make it more complicated. KL shared the fact with Virat that Dev loved Radhika and was gonna say it to her after Shubhang's marriage. They thought it was something related to that. Their doubt proved right when they called Radhika but her phone was switched off, for the whole day.

KL, Virat, Athiya and Anushka were getting worried for Dev. When they got to Mumbai and joined others in the hotel from where they would leave for the tour, Dev was either in the gym, ground or in his room. He didn't talk to anyone just a few times when it was necessary. Dev looked so fragile at that time that they were afraid to go and even ask him if something's wrong. They were afraid it was something big.

Dev got out of the washroom and checked his phone. There was still not a call or message from someone he was waiting. He decided to not call or message Radhika till she herself does that. He knew she loves him and if she wants time he would give it. It was just the fact that this distance and uncertainty was something he never experienced and that's why he was not able to handle those emotions. It was a sickening feeling as if someone snatched away his reason to live, a reason to be happy.

He wouldn't lie that he wanted her right in front of him right now so he would hug her tight and never let her go, like last time. The distance between them was not just of kilometres it was of various different things as well.

Dev heard a knock on the door. He opened the door to see a smiling Skiddy standing there. "Chalo dinner keliye." Dev nodded as ye locked the room and went downstairs. He ate the food and after that went back to his room. He wanted to be alone right now.

He went back to his room and laid on the bed. Staring at the ceiling as he couldn't sleep. He looked at his left to see her handkerchief. In all the things that happened in that village he was not able to give it back. But nevertheless he was glad that he at least had something to hold onto. He took it in his hand. He just looked at it. He really missed Radhika. he was used to calling her at the end of day and talking about each other's day. He kept it back there again and closed his eyes. He tried to get some sleep knowing somehwere in his heart that she would come back.

The next day Dev followed the routine he had been following for last three days. He got up, showered, went to the gym, then breakfast, practice, lunch and then hibernated in his room. In the team room as almost everybody was there they were talking about Dev.

"I guess hume usse baat karni chahiye." Said Anushka Sharma. "Are you sure bhabhi?'' asked KL. Anushka nodded and said "It's time. Kab tak hum aise usko jenda lash ki tarah ghumne denge. At Least pata to chale hua kya hai." "I agree with Nushki. Ground pe dekha hai? Aisa lagta hai kuch dino mai hume balls ka stock mangana padega. Konsa frustration nikalta hai unn balls pe bhagwan jane. '' Said Virat making a scared face.