SPECIAL CHAPTER

First of all, I want to thank you all for almost 17k reads!! That's crazy!

Listen to I'll never love again by Lady Gaga while reading this

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"THE FEELING THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD CRAVE"- Y/N L/N

(*˘︶˘*).。*♡

"So where'd you wanna go?" Ran asked you while starting the car.

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe to the place where I never have been,"

"I have no idea where's that place, care to elaborate?" He chuckled.

"Playground?"

Ran looked at you with a confused look. At first, he thought you were just joking but he noticed that you don't look like joking at all.

"Okay," Ran started driving.

You opened the roof of the car and sat there.

"Hey, careful!"

"It's fun out here, too bad you're driving," You laugh.

"Wow, that's the first,"

"First what?"

"First genuine laugh," Ran smiled.

"You're lucky then," you teased him.

You have no idea why whenever you're with him, your true self just comes out of nowhere. You feel safe around him and you don't know how to react to this feeling.

"And we have arrived," He helped you get down, "Good thing no one's here,"

You immediately went to swing. This is the first time you ride a swing, the first time in a playground in general.

"You have everything and only a swing can make you smile like that? I hope I knew sooner," He sat on the other swing, "I don't want to pry but, out of all places, why do you want to go here?" 

"Just like I said earlier, I've never been here. I had a rough childhood so I never get a chance to play,"

"Me too, although I have Rindou so I experienced playing as a kid."

"That's good,"

"How rough was your childhood?"

You sighed, "It was so rough," you paused, "At such a young age I experienced being starved, tortured, and"

You choke your own word. You can't even finish your sentence.

"I was raped when I was a child, my m-mother sold me to this old dude that has a very weird kink which is seeing a girl suffer." You look up to avoid the tears from falling.

Ran was too stunned and doesn't even know what to say, he never thought it would be that bad. That never come to his mind. He feels sorry for you, he wants to remove that trauma from you but he doesn't know how.

Ran went closer to you and gives you a tight hug.

"Don't pity me," You said.

"I know you wouldn't like it but I feel sorry for you, love," He hugs you tighter, "I wish I can share that pain with you just to lessen the burden. I hate seeing you like this," 

"Thank you,"

"I just love you so much and I can't afford to see you in pain like this"

You smiled weakly, unable to say you love him because you are unsure. You're not sure if this is love or if you're just craving love, which is why you tolerate it. You don't want to say anything that could cause misunderstandings, and you don't want him to have expectations of you.

You never felt so confused in your life. 'fuck you, Ran'

"You can cry on me. If you need a shoulder to lean on, I'm here ready to catch your tears," He gently rubbed your back.

'Ran's attention and care is THE FEELING THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD CRAVE'

"Where have you been, Ran?" You asked out of nowhere while letting your tears run down your cheeks.

"Hmm?"

"Where have you been this entire time? I needed someone like you, why weren't you there?" You started sobbing.

"I'm sorry, love. I'm here now and I won't leave you,"

"Please don't, I have no reason to live anymore. But I will let you be the reason why I have to,"

"Promise me that you won't leave me so that I can prove to you that I am worthy to be your reason," He whispered.

"I won't"

~~~

"You're a liar," Ran chuckled bitterly. "You said you won't leave? You said you'll let me prove myself to you? Did you get tired of waiting?" 

Ran caressing Y/N's face and not minding all the blood surrounding them. Ran didn't even realize that his face is covered with his tears.

"I still want to prove myself, love," He put you in his arms. "The time that we're together wasn't enough. I need you more than anything, I can't explain how badly hurt I am. I can't love someone unless it's you, I haven't even told you how much you mean to me but here we are. Love, I'm not yet ready to let you go."

Ran cried silently, not letting go of Y/N's body. Killing Kisaki wasn't enough to make Ran feel better about Y/N's death. It's right in front of him but he can't accept it, he wants to think that it's just a bad dream and he'll wake up next to her.

"I promised myself that I'll only build a family with you and that will never change," He kissed Y/N's lips.

"Dude, let's go," Koko said

"We'll give her a decent funeral but first let's clean ourselves," Rindou said.

"I'll be there in a few," 

The two guys just nod and left Ran, they respect his grief.

Ran kissed her forehead for the last time, "Promise is a promise, love. I'll fulfill all the promises I made for you," 

He went inside the HQ and there are the others waiting for him.

"Here's Y/N's phone," Rindou hands him her phone.

Ran accepted it and opened it. There's the wallpaper of the two of you, the time when Ran forced Y/N to take a picture with him. She just did a fierce pose while Ran was smirking and looking at Y/N. Ran's grip on the phone gets tighter trying to stop his emotion to burst. 

"I should've continued my plan on going a vacation with her but I guess it won't happen," Ran put the phone inside his pocket and went to his car to drive home.

"I guess it's fine to me knowing that you're free from pain now, love. Be happy wherever you are, I love you, my beloved. "