Chapter 9

"Good morning!" Ton greeted as soon as he entered the classroom and his friends greeted him too. One particular person though caught his attention. Sin who was seating besides the window wearing a sunglass - and the sit on his right side which usually was being occupied by Nuer is now taken by Kuea.

He looked at Kuea questioningly but the latter mouthed to not ask any questions for now. He then looked at Jab and went to sit beside him.

"What happened?" he whispered.

"Not sure but I guess something bad happened between the sweethearts. When Sin arrived he immediately ask Kuea to sit beside him and just sat there silently." Jab answered in a whisper too.

At the time Nuer arrived but soon stopped walking when he saw his usual sit beside Sin was already taken. 

As he continued, he greeted his friends and then move towards his lovers direction to greet him. "Morning Sin." 

He was given a cold shoulder. Not a word uttered as he looked away from him and gazed outside the window.

He felt a sting in his heart for the gesture but giving Sin a bit of space may be a good idea for now. So with no choice left he sat besides Nuchy.

It was an awkward atmosphere that continued on since Saturday as the group of friends just sat silently and listened in on towards their professors lecture.

As soon as the consecutive lectures were done they got ready for their break time. "See you guys in the cafeteria?" Kuea asked the rest but then looked in concern as Sin just walked towards the door without answering so Nuer followed suit. 

"Sin!" He didn't know that Sin can walk that fast as he had to walk-ran to catch up to him and tried to hold his arm. The other stopped but just shrugged off his hand and not even looking at him even though he was already in front of him.

He is also sad that they have this conflict. But he knew that he was at fault and can't do anything but to try and talk with him about the matter. "Let's talk it out. Please?" he pleaded.

He waited in bated breath. He was about to be happy when Sin's head move to look at him but it faltered as soon as he saw Sin's face without any emotions. 

"Isn't it you who said you don't want to talk about it?" Sin said with this eerily low voice, void of emotion.

Those words stabbed him forcefully. Opening his mouth to utter some words but none came out.

"Now I understand why Kuea said those words to me when we just started going out. I should have foreseen it." Sin said as if talking to himself and then walked out on him. Leaving him standing in the hallway alone and just stunned. Looking at his lovers back unable to move. No courage yet to follow him again anymore.

I didn't mean that Sin.  He thought to himself on the verge of crying.

He felt a tap on his shoulder. "I'll follow him for now. Go cool your head too and think about what you should do next." it was Kuea, who did not give him time to respond ran towards the direction Sin went to.

"Sin... Sin wait up!" Sin stopped and looked at him as he catch his breath. 

Looking at his clearly upset friend he asked, "Would you... would you like to talk it out with me? Or if it's uncomfortable I can ask Diao and the others too, maybe we can all go to my Dragon's lair. Do a sleep over or something? What do you say?" he suggested.

Feeling his friends sincerity tears started to ran down his hidden eyes and leaned on his friend. "Kuea..." he whimpered, sniffing a bit. 

He ushered his friend to continue walking, as he guide him away from the crowd. The hidden emotion that his friend is trying to suppress since this morning has now overflowed as Sin cried and all he could do is give him a comforting rub on his back.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥