Chapter 15

Lucas sat quietly, smiling as he listened in on how his friends bicker and talk about senseless things. It is free period so the students from CE department were with them to talk about the upcoming sports festival. As far as they know it will be the usual Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Short/Long distance run competition and Relay. 

But what they did not expect is the additional competition this year: a Singing competition, in which the participants can create a group of people – 3-5 persons, outside of the mandatory groups that the school had given.

Of course, some students were fascinated for this additional competition and this will definitely be the event that most students will look forward too.

After a while the group of friends all decided to visit the cafeteria for some snacks and they chatted as they walk away. 

Kuea and Lucas just idly walking near the far end of the group.

"Do you think we can join that singing competition?" Kuea started which made him stop.

"W-what?"

"You know... the singing competition."

He just stood there unable to respond but Kuea did not notice yet as he continued to walk slowly.

"We can have Diao join us too. It has been a while since I have sang with you guys, it feels nostalgic... I think it will be fun." 

No response.

"Lucas?" 

That's when Kuea noticed that Lucas is on the verge of crying.

"Lucas?! Why? What's wrong?"

A tear fell from his eyes. "H-How... How can you be this nice to me Kuea? Diao too?" he sniffed. "After that... h-happened. W-Why?"

"So what's this movie we'll be watching?" Diao inquired curiously as Kuea comfortably sat on the carpeted floor beside him.

"I'm not sure but a friend from my department let me borrow her different Blu-ray CD's that she said she is too lazy to bring back home and passed it all to me. Pick your poison." Lucas encouraged with a smile as the other boys laugh at his antics.

It has been a few months since Kuea started University. It's been fun, learning a different culture, meeting new people. And then he met these two – Diao and Lucas, which he is grateful of because they also came from Thailand. They made a connection and became instant friends.

Though they all are from different departments, they usually hang out during their free time. They are inseparable. 

However one weekend evening Lucas called them, frantic and asking them to meet him on the location he had mentioned in which they shouldn't have gone too.

The cab drive them in a parking space near a pub where they haven't gone too yet. Once they went out of the car some gangster looking men, which startled the two, escorted them inside the loud place and into a more private room. There they saw a disheveled and scared Lucas besides a sitting business looking man puffing out smoke from his cigar.

The escorts pushed them to move as it seems  that they are rooted in place, holding each other's hand for dear life as they look at their friend questioningly who avoided any eye contact from them.

"Welcome..."

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

My apologies for the absence, I've been sick in bed for days since the weekend and had to catch up with work, work and work once I got all better (*Ugh* T.T). Hence just had a bit of time to open Wattpad and do an update.

You guys in for a few Chapter updates? 

Please stay tuned and hope you'll like it :)

Now Playing (on repeat kukuku)

Pretender / Official髭男dism(full covered by #春茶)♥