Chapter 8

Kei was dragged to eat BBQ to celebrate another successful project that was done by their team. It was a gruesome one where they all tend to stay late in the office just to work on it but all the hardwork did pay off. 

His co-worker drive them to a BBQ place near his house and when they arrived Kei was surprise to see his brother there and went to greet him.

"Hello, little brother." 

His brother is 4 years younger than him and is still a University student. He is also the type who is a bit nonchalant towards things but have a good brain which he is proud of. A little brother that he was really proud of. At first Nuer followed his path and started school as a Computer Engineering student but out of nowhere transferred to Automotive Engineering on his 3rd year which made him a bit upset for his decision. Oh well, he is still young.

Kei looked around the people Nuer is with and gave a smile. His brother then introduces him.

"Uhmm guys, this is my brother 'Kei'."

They bowed a bit and greeted him. "Hello/Hi/Hi Hia K." as some of their greetings.

"Would you like to join us?" Kuea invited.

"No thank you. I'm with my co-workers." pointing at their table the adults then waved at them, smiling. "We are here to celebrate another successful project,  thanks to me of course."

"Oy, stop bragging around Kei. We all contributed on this one." one of his friend on the other table jokingly interjected and they laughed.

"Kid make sure you do your best at school and become a good adult like him too." another one said.

Nuer - looking at his brother, and the others just gave an awkward smile.

"Well then, sorry for taking in too much of your time. Enjoy your meal! Will see you at home then Nuer." 

After Hia K returned on their own table a silent chill went on for a few seconds before Ton exclaimed - though the atmosphere is still a bit awkward, that they need to order additional pork and beef and the others seconded.

Sin tried to placed a comforting hand on his lovers shoulder who look seemingly upset but it did not happen as Nuer then asked to be excuse a bit to go to the restroom and stood up.

Kuea and his friends just uncomfortably looked back and fort between Nuer, who just stood up and Sin, who has a concerned look on his face. And even after Nuer returned he just ate silently and barely uttered another word unless asked.

They saw how the lovers awkwardly went home after that.

That night Kuea told Diao what happened when he called - from meeting Lucas since he is part of their team to what happened in the BBQ house. 

"Oh no! Did that really happened to those two? They were supposed to be inseparable."

"Supposed to, yeah. However, I think it was bound to happen someday - not now though. But they need to face it head on so that their relationship will grow stronger. Its just that I hope that they won't have to face relationship difficulties like what we had experienced before." Kuea said.

"Well true. But as you said it was bound to happen and... once they've broken down this barrier they'll come out victorious by the end of the day. So let's just watch them and maybe help them if they needed one."

"Yeah... When there's love, pain is eventually bound to happen." Diao hummed in response.

"Oh by the way, will you be ok teaming up with Lucas?"

"Of course. As I've said before it's better to move forward than be stuck on what happened in the past. Maybe the three of us can go out sometime too like before." Kuea enthusiastically said.

"Well, maybe. Let's see." Diao said chuckling.

They continued on talking a bit more before deciding to end the call. 

Hia Lian will be back late since he and Hia Yi needed to entertain a new investor that visited Pentagon that night. So right now he was alone with his thoughts. As Kuea was preparing to go to bed, he hoped and prayed that his friends will return back to normal after the weekend passed however... it seemed like it did not happen as Sin has bugs under his eyes - trying to hide them behind his sunglass, and an apparent red puffy nose. Something happened and added fire to their already awkward atmosphere when they went home last week.

♡  ♥ ♡ ♥

SinxNuer drama ⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾ 

I'm pretty excited writing this part. Please stay tuned ପ(๑•ᴗ•๑)ଓ ♡