Chapter 21

The circle of friends keeps on giving an awkward look at Diao as they continue their meal. It was a really bizarre scenario. Given they have seen Kuea dress somewhat like that but never Diao, hence the reason they are uncomfortable.

Diao looked at them. "What? It's like you've seen a ghost."

"Oh my, what happened to our cute Diao, please give him back!" Ton cried dramatically on Jab's shoulder, tapping his friends head sofly as comfort, and nodding his head in agreement.

"What happened to you Diao?" Nuchy asked.

"Nothing. I just got an enlightenment." the others gaped at his sassy reply. "Do you guys fancy drinking after this? Let's go to Gemini."

"Don't you think you've had enough alcohol last night Diao? Also don't you have to work today?" Kuea scolded which his friend answered with a nonchalant shrug.

"If you don't want to I'll just go by myself. I think Lucas will be there for his part time." Then he stood up and walked out on them.

"Diao wait!" Kuea also stood up and followed his now uncontrollable friend.

"I wonder what happened." Sin asked his still bewildered friends. "Let's pray for him."

"Amen." they answered now giving a questioning look at Sin's usual eccentric behavior.

They are now at Gemini and awaiting their turn to perform. When they arrived Kuea gave in and allowed himself to accept and join Diao with whatever he wants dragging Lucas with him in the process. Even Jay is looking at them weirdly. Not used to seeing the get up Diao was wearing and he looking like a babysitter to his friend – who is now chugging a new bottle of beer. The older gave him a sympathetic look.

He sigh for the nth time. What should he do? His friend who usually don't drink much is becoming an alcoholic! 

Thinking, he took out his phone and typed hastily, he'll just apologize to Diao later.

"Now let's hear it from Kirin and his friends." says the MC.

The crowd screamed in delight when they heard Kirin's name being called to perform next.

Kuea took his sit near the drum set, setting up his mic, while Lucas and Diao remained statnding and took the mic in front of him. After setting up and getting comfortable he counted to three and they started singing.

Momentarily forgetting the current issue, he just enjoyed playing and singing. It has been a while since he sang with his friends and he was feeling ecstatic. Hopefully, his friends are too.

They've performed 2 songs that night – Wind Flower and Chuck, and the audience gave them a round of applause after their stage performance. Hi-fiving once they are off-stage and smiling like there is no tomorrow. Seems like his friends are feeling the same way as he does.

They sat down again and Diao immediately took an unopened bottle of beer on their table. He was about to reprimand him when someone took the bottle from the hand of his unsuspecting friend.

Diao turned around and looked at the villain who took his drink. It was Hia Yi. Hia Lian is not far behind. Widening his eyes a bit but almost immediately giving a cold look at his lover.

His friend, who just finished greeting Hia Lian, gave him an apologetic smile when he glared at him. 

Feeling betrayed all of a sudden he then stood up and went out without a word.

"Diao!" Hia Yi yelled at him and grabbed his arm once he was at his reach. "What's wrong? You've been out of it since yesterday. And you haven't been answering any of my calls or messages."

He gave a wry smile and looked at his lover.

"Nothing is wrong with me. I just thought changing myself will be for the better. Don't you like it?"

"It's good that you are exploring but... this?" he gestured to all of him.

"What?" he raised his eyebrows. "You don't like it? I think I rock this vibe." Hia Yi remained silent and looked at him disapprovingly.

He chuckled bitterly. "I guess I've just dug my grave deeper." He looked at Hia Yi. 

His strength while looking at his lover is diminishing while he is trying to look strong in front of his lover. However when he spoke next his voice was not able to hide his exhaustion. "You're tired of me, right? That's the reason you are cheating on me."

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

Wind Flower – Mamamoo

Chuck – Mamamoo

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♫