Chapter 16

The business looking man puffed out a smoke from his cigar.

"Welcome. I'm guessing you are this guy's friends?" the man said pointing at Lucas who was standing fearfully besides him. "Was it Kian...and Jiao? Whatever you're names were. Do you know why you are here?"

They remained silent. Shaking their head 'no'.

He puffed another smoke and sat lazily, laying his unattended arm over his chair. "This guy here owed us. Big."

"W-What do you mean sir?" Diao asked.

"You see a week ago your friend cause an accident on one of my men." he ushered another guy to step in next to him. The said guy looking smugly.

"He's my baby brother. He got injured when Lucas here push him and got injured."

"Lies! I did no such thing. I just bumped into him. Not even a scratched made." Lucas, though still scared, interjected.

"Did I ask you to talk." the man threateningly said and glared at him, making him clamped up again.

The guy coughing slightly, continued. "As I was saying, my brother was injured, got a ruined attire in the process – and mind you he always wore a branded item, and went to the hospital to get treated. We paid for it since Lucas is unable to shoulder the expenses. And since we are good natured guys, we gave your friend a week to pay us back but to no avail, Zero."

Kuea and Diao looked at Lucas. It must be the reason why he was so distraught the past week. But why did he not tell them of this? They could have done something earlier.

"Then we asked him if he has friends who can help him... so here you are."

A moment of silence before Kuea bravely spoke.

"I don't think we owe you anything sir." Though scared he continued. "By the looks of it your brother looks perfectly fine to me."

The unknown men all laughed at what he said. 

"Oh, our little one here sure have some guts boss." One of the men behind them spoke, snickering. Making them laugh again and stopped when their boss glared at him.

"I guess these kids don't know when to concede."

He continued to hold Diao's hand firmly, praying that someone can help them out. And like answering his prayers help did come.

They heard some commotion outside of the room which made the boss alert and sent some of his men outside to check it but a few moments later some unknown men came in showing police badges which made the once confident boss and his lackeys cower and surrendered. 

Not long after Lian and Yi came into view. "Kuea!/Diao!" hugging the two boys.

They may be shocked that the person they love are present- hugging them and apparently knew each other. Their presence calmed them down. Questions can come later.

When everything else settled down. Lian gave a brief explanation that he and Yi are friends and that they had some private investigators near them in which all information related to what they are doing are being relayed over to them. That's why they flew abroad as soon as they can and had them monitored, fearing that harm may come to them since they knew beforehand about what had happened with Lucas. It took time to ask help from a friend that they knew, who had connections in the foreign country that night though so they were unable to come and support them immediately still they were glad that it all ended without anyone getting physically hurt.

They then gave their statements to the police and also listened in on what truly happened when Lucas was being asked. He was indeed threatened by the goons and was in a state of panic. He felt ashamed but he really did not mean to sell out his friends.

After that event, it may be understandable, but Lucas became distant.

At first Kuea and Diao tried to communicate with him but no good result. Then they went back to Thailand (because of *Kuea's circumstances at home) without talking to each other. Thinking that it may well be the end of their short but precious friendship.

♡  ♥ ♡ ♥

Side note:

*Kuea's circumstances at home - remember episode 1 (3/4) ?

(ღ ˘ ⌣ ˘ ღ)