Chapter 5

After Lucas sang "Almost is Never Enough" a loud cheer came from the audience and he bowed smiling. Jay immediately congratulated him and engulfed him in a brotherly hug.

"Good job Lucas! It's nice that you decided to sing again and be part of Gemini."

"I think it's the least thing that I can do since you're taking care of me now."

"Oh com'on don't be a stranger. We are cousins for a reason. Family help each other and I can't let a baby like you stay by yourself while your family lives in a different area, right?"

He smiled. Thankful for his kindness.

"Come. I'll introduce you to someone."

He nodded and followed but then as they neared the table of the person Jay wanted him to meet he felt a chill under his spine.

"Guys! Let me introduce you to my cousin. Lucas Cheng. He also goes to the same University as you guys."

"Lucas! You were great!" Nuchy beamed.

"Wow! I can't believe we have a Kirin no. 2 in school." Ton exclaimed.

"You did a great job." Sin said as Nuer made a thumbs up.

"T-thank you." 

Diao just awkwardly smiled at him.

Jay's focus then went to Kuea. "This is Kuea a.k.a Kirin. He is our famous ace here in Gemini."

Kuea nodded kurtly and smiled a bit. "You did good." 

 "Diao and Kuea knows him Jay." it was Yi who interjected while Lian simply took a sip of brandy from his glass. 

"Really?" Jay's eyebrows rose. 

He eyed the two adults and Lian gave a knowing look. This person will definitely talk to him about this matter later on so he let it go for now. 

"Then please keep yourself comfortable here for a while Lucas. Kuea after this stage you'll go next."

Kuea smiled at Jay. "Ok. Ready as always." 

Tapping his cousin's shoulder as a sign of congratulations, Jay then offered a sit to Lucas. Although Lucas is not liking the awkward atmosphere he is feeling, he still sat down. Good thing the other people present on the table are still at peace. Or they make it seem like that.

"So what course are you in Lucas?" Nuer asked since a moment of silence had already ensued when Jay left.

"I'm part of the Computer Engineering department."

"Really? Then there is a possibility we'll be seeing each other more often for the upcoming event." Ton said.

"Y-yeah I guess so. Though I haven't seen the list for the groupings yet. So we'll see."

"Hia Yi said you knew Diao and Kuea." Although some people present in the group was shocked from the statement - Lian and Yi seeming unbothered, Sin who stated this nonchalantly is seemingly unafraid and looked at Lucas, Kuea and Diao respectively.

"We do. We met in UK." Kuea answered.

Diao nodded and added. "But we were also surprise to him in school since we've lost contact." 

Sin and the others just hummed and nodded in response. No one dared to start the same topic after that and before the awkward silence covers them again Diao started and excitedly asked, "So Kuea, do you have a new song for us tonight?"

Kuea beamed. "Just wait and see." he then went to whisper to his Hia, "I dedicate the song to Hia." and gave a kiss on his cheek.

Even without seeing properly, Lian's side profile shows he is hiding his smile behind the glass he was holding, faking a sip from it.

"Oh no, here we go again from the sweetness. Oh cavities leave us alone." Ton comically exclaimed to Jab, which the others laughed at. Even the awkward Lucas chuckled from the comment.

"We are sweet too, isn't it Hia?" Diao joined in, giving a side hug to Yi which the other accepted.

Not wanting to lose Nuer also gave the now shy Sin a hug, which gave the other single person more reason to do a face palm - namely Ton, Jab, Nuchy and even Lucas. 

After a few, they then listened to Kueas performance of the song "My Moon" and their group just enjoyed  the remaining of the night as tomorrow will be another day.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

"Almost is Never Enough" - Ariana Grande

"My Moon" - Moonbyul of Mamamoo

HAPPY WEEKEND :)

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥