Chapter Eighteen

Y/n's point of view:

I hear Nagisa's alarm ring and we both get out of bed. Today, we have to go to school. I'd rather skip again, but I don't want Nagisa falling behind on his studies. Slowly, we make our way to the kitchen for breakfast. Once we finish eating, we get dressed and I help Nagisa with some revision. 

An hour passes and we leave the house, arriving at school on time. We part ways and I enter my classroom and sit down at my desk. As usual, the class is mostly silent throughout lessons, unless being condescending to anyone asking for help with a question. The lesson ends and I begin to get bored. With the quality of teaching we receive, it wouldn't make a difference whether I went here or not. 'And to think I applied here, thinking it's good...' I thought to myself.

Hours pass and it's time for lunch. I walk to the school garden, meeting with Nagisa as well as eating and talking with him (what usually happens). However, during lunch, we hear the speakers in the school suddenly turn on, meaning an announcement is about to be made. Minutes pass and sure enough, it comes:

Head Teacher: "Good afternoon students of Mishima College. We are holding another set of exams for each class to take. Just like the previous ones, these will decide whether you stay in your current class, move up, or fall down. The exams have the same structure as the previous ones and the boundaries in order to move up are the same. Good luck to all, especially those in Class Five, they will surely need it." They say, their tone turning nasty at the end.

Me and Nagisa look at each other. I expected him to look worried, but instead, he was calm. He was confident that he can take whatever challenge ahead of him. I decide to break the silence:

Y/n: "So, you want some help with the upcoming exam? Soon enough, you'll be in top class, although I don't know if that's really something to look forward to considering nothing's really different." I say.

Nagisa: "No, don't worry love. I'm confident I can handle it on my own." He says, with a prideful look on his face. However, this look failed, only making him look even more cute. He then continues: "But... I'll need a lot of making out when we get home, in the same way as last night." he whispers into my ear seductively, making me flustered very quickly.

I awkwardly stutter in response:

Y/n: "I-I m-mean s-s-sure, I-I want t-that t-too..." I say, with a shy smile on my face, looking away from him out of embarrassment that he'd say such a thing in school, where anyone could be listening in. 

However, what he said also... turned me on a little. I'd gladly jump at the chance to do 'that' again. Funniest thing is it's not even sex so if this feels so good, I can't even imagine how euphoric that would be.

Lunch ends not long later and we part once again. I return to my classroom - 3 lessons left. Once those lessons end, I find Nagisa and we walk home, holding hands from the get-go. We both share a small blush on our faces as we walk through the crowd of students fighting to get out first.

Once we make it home, we dress into something comfortable and watch a movie together. Nagisa seems really interested in it, while I'm really interested in him. I look at his face, so pure, so perfect. His sapphire eyes full with life. This poor boy had such a dark past, I want to give him the brightest future. I always want him to know how much I love him. He's like a fallen angel, a beautiful person both physically and as a person, who was tormented by the past. 

As if reading my mind, Nagisa starts to speak:

Nagisa: "Y/n, I can tell that look. The past is in the past, don't worry about it. I don't care how hard things have been because now, I'm with you, and with you, each day is the most precious moment. You really don't know how much I love you!" He says, full of emotion. 

I embrace him into a hug, where we rest on each other's shoulders for a really long time. This... feels different to when we make out. It feels just as good, but far more relaxing and peaceful. I could just melt into this hug and never let go, so I fall onto the couch, making it so that we don't have to let go yet. We both lay on the couch, still in our embrace. 

However, this eventually ends and Nagisa gets a notification on his phone. It's from... his mother? Nagisa's face turns from calm to nervous in a matter of seconds. He starts shaking, so I wrap my arms around him once more and he eventually calms down.

Y/n: "What happened?" I asked, trying to encourage him to open up to me. I'd never want to hurt him.

Nagisa: "M-my mother, she wants to come over to where I'm living." He explains, his tone quite deep. 

I get the feeling that there's more to his mother than I've been told. Sure, he told me she wasn't a very good mother, but, could she have hurt Nagisa? No, surely not. I brush off such thoughts as I respond to Nagisa:

Y/n: "There's no need to panic honey, feel free to invite her over here, perhaps if the mood is positive we can even reveal to here that we're a couple!" I say enthusiastically, getting more and more excited by the second. 

Nagisa's mood slightly improves as he responds:

Nagisa: "Well... okay I guess." He responds quickly. 

With all that had happened today, we lost the track of time and its just about time for bed. Instead of that 'session' we promised each other, neither of us have the energy so we opt for something else - we sleep with our arms wrapped around one another (with our clothes on this time). Nagisa's doubt from earlier withers away and he lets out a very cute yawn, followed by one of his irresistible smiles, causing me to slightly tighten the embrace. We both drift off to sleep.

Tomorrow is another day...