end 2

NOTE: this is the alternative ending for how I actually wanted to end the story, I didn't because Ik a lot of people were going to hate it and didn't feel like dealing with it😭but I'm going to post this alternative ending that I've had planned since I started writing this book for those who do care!
This takes place right after Eren proposes lol.

-1 year time skip-

You and Eren had a very small wedding, neither of you cared much for weddings but just invited close friends and Eren's family. Of course, right after the wedding, he got arrested for carrying a gun with him. Thankfully, he had that money set aside strictly for getting him out of jail that Jean had access to.

You waited around three months before they finally released a bond to get Eren out of jail, Eren asked that you didn't visit him so that when he got out it would be "more special" when you two saw each other for the first time. He'd call you as often as he could but other than that you started to hang out with Hitch a lot more often.

"So when is he getting out?" Hitch asked as you two drank slushies on the couch.

"Jean said today he'll be able to get the money. So maybe today or tomorrow I'm not sure," you answered a little excitedly and she nodded.

"What time is it?"

"Two PM-"

"Oh shit, I'm late for work! I was supposed to be there at seven this morning," Hitch stood up quickly while you started laughing as she quickly rushed out.

The way you kept yourself together over the past three months was surprising, the only thing you would do was try new restaurants with Hitch. Every single time you tried the new restaurant, the both of you got super sick after eating which was an experience in itself.

Despite the two of you getting sick after eating from these restaurants Hitch swore up and down were "reliable" but you still went with her, she was your closest friend after all that had happened. Even so, you ran into Annie only once over the entire year and that was at a bakery and when you walked in she quickly left without saying a word.

Pieck on the other hand, she went completely off the grid after what happened, it had been over two years since you saw her or even heard from her.

You sat there finishing your slushie for the next fifteen minutes and you heard the door unlocking. You turned your head and heard heavy laughter, Eren entered laughing with Jean and a bookbag in his hands.

"Eren!" You got off the couch and rushed over to hug him tightly.

When you hugged him he felt a lot buffer, his chest and arms were harder but you obviously had no complaints.

"Hiiiiiii!" He muttered back to you and dropped the bookbag to wrap both his arms around you.

"Alright lovebirds, I'm gonna go pick up Mila from school," Jean excused himself and you smiled and waved while letting go of Eren after he entered.

"Why did you get arrested again?" You asked, honestly there were so many things he could've been arrested for that you just forgot.

"I had a gun with me. Not supposed to have that when I'm a felon," he pat you on the head and picked up his book bag again.

——

Of course, he always went back to his video games after taking a shower. You could hear him shouting at the game from inside the bathroom.

EREN POV:

I felt kind of bad about getting arrested again but at the same time, I don't think it will happen again, instead I'll just have my security following me around so I won't have to worry about keeping a gun. Y/n appeared to be fine but it did feel a little off when I was hugging her, I have yet to determine why but eventually it'll come to the surface.