slowed replay

Around three in the morning, when your brain was no longer fried you realized there was a missing spot behind you. Eren.

He was gone and something strong took over the room, you got out of bed and followed the scent. Following it until you ended up downstairs by the living room. You looked around and to your suspense, there were hundreds of images, files, and folders scattered over the living room floor, couch, and coffee table.

You then turned your head and saw Eren leaning on the balcony by the sliding doors, of course, you went to go join him to discover what was wrong. Smoke, you could smell the potency of the weed, even more, when you decided to stand next to him, he was looking over the city from your balcony and it was much too windy outside, especially for him who was in a tank top.

"Eren?"

"Can't sleep," he answered without you even asking, you knew something else was going on that he wasn't sharing with you but you knew better enough than to push for an answer.

"Do you-"

"Could you just...uh, leave me alone for a bit?" He cut off and sighed before pulling the blunt back to his lips.

"Oh...yeah, sure." You moved away from him and walked back inside.

You went back upstairs, taking yourself to bed where you laid alone with loads of space surrounding you. If it wasn't a natural instinct, you would've been up all night worrying about him but instead, you fell asleep after thirty minutes of forcing yourself to stay away. 

"Shockingly", you woke up later than your usual afternoon time today. Looking over expecting Eren to be there and he wasn't, you were a little disappointed but got up anyway and went to go see if he was downstairs.

You looked around and found him and Connie outside together on the balcony, both smoking, and just when you were about to start walking to greet them you decided not to. He clearly wanted space and you were going to give that to him.

Entering the kitchen, you opened the fridge and grabbed fruit to eat at the island countertop on the barstool. You grabbed an orange and peeled it over a napkin when you sat down, your back facing the balcony and you could hear Eren and Connie's conversation muffled.

The balcony doors were open but it was pretty windy outside and they were too far away for you to hear. You continued peeling your orange, bit by bit since it was a big one and not one of the small ones; it took longer to peel.

"Does she know?" Connie asked in a more serious tone toward Eren.

You didn't react at all, even though you heard him as they were entering the living room and leaving the balcony, you didn't want him to know you could hear.

"No. Don't say anything about it either," Eren responded and shut the balcony door, your back was turned but you could already feel both Connie and Eren looking at you.

"Alright...I'll talk to you later,"

You got up, placing the orange on your napkin the moment Connie started walking to the door to exit and you had the orange peels in your hand. You stood in front of the trash and Connie left, Eren came walking over to you when you threw away the orange peels.

He came up behind you, you could feel him pressed against you and him reacting to your odd silence.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, placing his head directly on your shoulder from behind and keeping his hands on your hips.

"Apparently," you answered.

"What's wr-"

"You tell me. You don't have to tell me everything, I understand that but when something is bothering you it'd be nice to know," you sighed out of pure frustration because you knew he was talking to Connie about something that he wasn't telling you specifically.