temptations arise

"I'm going out with Sasha and Connie this weekend,"

"I'm working."

"I know, that's why you're not invited." You ate a piece of fruit and he side-eyed you with a straight face.

"What are your plans for today?" Levi asked Eren, shifting the attention back onto him.

"Y/n and I are playing video games all day. That's all," he took a sip of water right after speaking and Levi nodded.

"You didn't ask me if I wanted to,"

"Wait you're serious? You have too much to do today Eren," Levi added and Eren rolled his eyes, you remained silent and enjoyed the surprisingly good breakfast he cooked. You ate the last of the breakfast potatoes on your plate as Levi pulled out a folder with information inside.

"No work at the table-"

"Buyer twenty-three is late on two payments along with twenty-nine and forty-one. Their deadline was last night so you need to go see them today," Levi ignored him and started reading off the papers in the folder.

You stood up to take care of your dish and Eren took the plate from your hand and set it back down on the table next to him while still discussing things with Levi.

"No, I don't want to. I'm sleepy," he forcefully yawned and Levi was very obviously fed up with him at this point.

"Fine. Sleep all today but tonight I will be back and I expect you to be ready," Levi stood up from the table and grabbed the folder, you were still just standing next to Eren because he took your plate and wouldn't allow you to clean it.

"No promises," Eren mumbled under his breath once he saw Levi walking toward the back door in the kitchen.

"Now. What game does the lady want to play?" Eren turned his head and got up out of the chair to stand directly in front of you.

"Whatever game you think I'd like,"

"Ooo I get to chose," he hummed and left the plates on the table, he walked around you and started heading toward the living room in which you followed behind him.

You sat next to each other on the couch and he handed you a controller after choosing whichever game he thought fit best. The game started and without explaining anything, he just let you figure it out yourself for the first ten minutes.

It seemed like some sort of quest game, like in the end there was some sort of goal but his player, in particular, faced more challenges to deal with. Meanwhile, your player had more of the decision to make, very difficult decisions at that.

"Do you like it?" He asked mid-gameplay.

"No," you denied but continued to play anyway, he turned his head and stared at you with a blank face; blinking repeatedly.

"You don't? Then why don't you pick a different one instead?" He suggested and you turned your head to look at him.

"I wasn't being serious. It's fun,"

"Oh-" his phone rang before he could add to his sentence, he glanced at the name of the call and then held the phone in his hand.

"You can take it. It's fine," you assured and paused the game.

"I'll be quick," he answered the call and stood up, you watched him walk away and around the couch where he talked in the dining room.

He only talked for no more than thirty seconds, he looked a little annoyed when he got interrupted and even more annoyed when he walked back to you.

"We can finish this later. I've gotta go," he informed and you just nodded.

He turned and went to go walk upstairs, you unlocked your phone and scrolled mindlessly for a couple of minutes until he came back down and tossed you the remote.