under the flames of intimacy

ANNIE POV:

"Did she accept the cake? Or did she see right through you?" He asked and propped his feet up on his coffee table.

"There's nothing to see through. I've been very honest," I set my things down and smiled at my own self-achieved honesty I thought I had.

"Oh, so you told her then?"

"Told her what?" I asked and tossed my keys down on the kitchen table.

"That I'm fucking you." He turned his head and took his attention off the

"Stop saying it like that!"

"Like what? Saying it how it is?" He questioned and stood up, he just stared at me standing in the kitchen.

"Stop saying it like I'm doing this out of spite. She is still my friend...things just got a little-"

"Complicated." Yeah, she won't believe that, come up with a better lie," he shrugged and walked to stand right in front of me.

"What do you suggest then? It's not like anything wrong." I snapped a little and he squinted just a bit, smirking while looking at me.

"Not doing anything wrong? You're having sex with your friend's ex,"

"But just before you said you didn't see anything wrong with us-?"

"I know what I said. Just like you said you were doing something wrong...and now you're not?" He took a step forward and put his hand under my jaw.

"So...are you doing something wrong, Annie?" He asked and tightened his hold on my jaw; causing me to gulp in nervousness.

"No...I'm..we're not." I answered after a moments silence.

"Exactly. So don't sweat it," he shrugged it off and let go of my jaw.

Y/N POV:

You kept glaring at the bracelet on your arm, staring at it in awe because there was one moment this week where you doubted all of your friends. Annie was one of the most expressive and outspoken friends you'd had, not including Sasha of course but it was refreshing.

Refreshing to be around someone with a mind of their own.

Unlike Pieck...not that you only blamed her but it was equally Armin's fault too. You just were glad that you had people like Annie, Sasha, and Mikasa in your life. Even more excited to hang out with them tomorrow.

EREN POV:

"It smells like sex in here. Gross," I complained in the middle of walking into Connie's penthouse uptown.

"That's because I have a lot of it. Now, what brings you here, you never come and visit me anymore," Connie greeted and walked toward me by the front door.

"Sorry man, I've been busy-"

"Busy what? Playing video games and eating fries?" He chuckled.

"You're one to talk. Try going celibate for a little will ya?"

"Try telling the girl you've liked for almost five years now that you like her. "Will ya"?" He mocked teasingly and stood right in front of me.

"Anyway, I need you to tell me what club you're throwing that get-together thingy at," I insisted after changing the subject and shaking my head at him.

"Why? You comin'?"

"Obviously. Since you're all public and shit, some investors you and I both have contracts with decided they'd reach me through there since I don't attend meetings." I explained and watched him cock an eyebrow at me, he was skeptical because I rarely agreed to anything I didn't actually want to do.