reuinited

The very young child had slightly wavy brown hair, and big green eyes and she couldn't stop smiling when she saw him.

"I'm so sorry!! Get back here," the mother of the child grabbed her and tried to pry her off Eren's leg, she cupped her into her arms and held her against her hip.

"Uh..." you were wide-eyed, staring at Eren with an expression like you were about to sprint off in complete terror.

"Her dad was deployed last month and she misses him like crazy! You look pretty similar to him so she thought you were him. Again...I'm very sorry,"  the woman apologized and you wanted to sigh of relief right then and there but it didn't seem appropriate. The child started crying, her mother was drowning in embarrassment.

"It's fine-" Eren assured before the child continued to reach out for Eren, practically willing to cause her mother to drop her just to get to Eren.

"Can I...hold her for a moment?" Eren asks, staring right at the mother with a blank face, you try not to make a scene but the way you side-eyed him was enough.

"Uhm...sure?" The mother hesitated but she handed over her crying daughter to Eren but she looked desperate to get her to stop crying.

Eren stared at the child, holding her up a bit and she stopped crying, she'd gone completely silent as they stared at each other, he was holding her really awkwardly, not close to him but instead his arms all the way out and the child just dangling her legs. Eren tilted his head all the way to the side and so did the girl, he tilted it all the way to the other side and she does the same. She was mimicking him.

"You've got a funny kid," he smiles, staring back at the child with big watered eyes.

"Thank you," the mother smiles and Eren hands her back off.

She quickly hurried off in the other direction and you saw Eren look back at the child who was crying out for him again and he gave her a little wave goodbye.

"That was-"

"Just so you know, it's impossible for me to have a child with another woman. There are no children you don't know about," Eren interrupted and began walking along the sidewalk with you.

"Huh? How're you so sure after...all that?"

"Because you're the only woman I've ever had sex with." He said casually, at first it didn't sink in then you thought about it for a second longer and froze up.

"Wait what?! So the first time you and I...?"

"Yep, that was my first time." He confirmed and continued walking even though you had stopped, you hurried up to catch up with him and you stood right in front of him to stop him.

"Why didn't you tell me that?"

"I just did? And I didn't think it was a big deal...you came so I clearly didn't do too bad," he shrugged and smiled a bit at you.

"Well, you still should've told me-"

"Why? So you could've done things differently? I like the way we have sex, wouldn't change it." He answered and walked around you to get closer to his building around the corner, his grey suit paired with a black tie caught the attention of people walking past his building; as they obviously knew who he was.

He slides his hand over to you, lowering it even further until his hand is on your ass while approaching and entering the building.

"We're in public," you reminded even though it was pointless, he had no shame.

"I know."

"Levi is right there." You point out and he instantly takes his hands off you which you found amusing given the fact that Eren was much taller than Levi yet afraid of him.