irreplaceable calm

Once again he ignored your question and just kept driving. The smell of his cologne filled the car, circulating around you both and you began to question his kindness.

"Why do you have blockers on my computer?" You asked him whilst he cracked the window.

"To prevent viruses. Why else?"

"Do you want to know what I think?"

"Yeah. Go on," he suggested and looked over at you again.

"I think you're hiding something on my computer." You claimed boldly.

You both looked in each other's direction, locking your gaze on him to see if you could catch his facial expression to reveal whether you were right or not. It didn't. He looked the same as always.

"Hm. That's a little far stretched, don't ya think? Why would I use your computer for that when I have three of my own and I live alone?" He's presented calmly, you were surprised that you didn't think of that yourself.

That was true though, he has three of his own with better storage than you did at that. So why in the hell would he need to use yours outside of gaming? He wouldn't have to.

The wind came into the car, thrashing between the strands of his hair in the back that were messily pulled out of his bun. He tapped his finger on the steering wheel calmly and you listened to the sound of his rings hitting the steering wheel after each tap.

"Doesn't make sense now, does it? What you actually should be asking, is why I showed up when you hit the keyboard."  He readjusted himself in the seat, leaning a little bit back further and smiling at you as if what he was suggesting was playful.

"Well?"

"What? I didn't say I'd answer that question, just that those are the type of questions you should be asking. Don't get ahead of yourself cupcake," he remarked and turned into the driveway of his house.

This house, in particular, was much larger and had more stories than the one from before. You waited until he pushed the button to open the garage door and pull in and park.

This house was a lot sleeker than the other, stainless steel, pitch black, and dashes of white and red here and there throughout just the garage itself. You unbuckled your seatbelt and pushed the door open, as he did the same.

You wiped your cheeks dry, trying to avoid another conversation about your tears as you followed behind him. He spun his keys around his fingers playfully, you heard the sound of an alarm letting him know which doors were opening as you walked up the steps from the garage to the living room and kitchen area.

"Would you prefer to be upstairs or downstairs?" He asked just after walking up the last step.

"Is there a difference?"

"One of them is closer to me." He blurts and waits for your reply.

"Oh...upstairs I guess?"

Basements freaked you out so you just chose the option farthest away from one, he nodded and turned to start walking up the next flight of wooden stairs that you followed right behind again.

You heard him humming the opening song to a cartoon as he walked up the steps with his hands in his pocket. On the right, he pushed open a door for you.

"There should be clothes in the closet, if not I can get some for you." He enlighten and you observed the well-kept up room you were spending the night in.

"Thank you," you turned your head to look at him and he nodded and shut the door behind him.

You immediately went and laid down in the freshly folded over sheets and pillows that looked way softer than your own. Your head hit the pillow and with that, your eyes fell shut almost immediately.