lies contribute

You were home now, the rest of the day you ran a couple of errands and opened emails from Alex, Eren didn't leave you alone at all but still gave you space by playing video games all day until it was late.

"You've been quiet today," Eren acknowledged as you typed on your laptop on the kitchen counter.

"I have?"

"Yeah, I didn't say anything because I assume you're still freaked out about last night but are you okay?" He stood up in front of the couch and stretched his arms out before walking to you leaning over in the kitchen.

You remained silent and felt his presence behind you, you turned around and leaned your back against the counter while staring at him.

"Are those dreams you're having but won't say you're having freaking you out? It's okay, ya know? I had this one dream about a kid too," he was trying to comfort you in whatever way he could even though your worries weren't currently lying with that.

"With...who?"

"What?"

"Who else did you imagine in the family?" You asked again and he just stared at you blankly.

"Uh...just a daughter. Sometimes a son but that's it," he answered and you decided not to mention the fact that in those same dreams, he happened to be the father of said children.

"We're you...happy?" You asked and looked down at the floor for a moment.

"Of course. I love kids but I know I can never have any," he explained, even smiling at just the reminiscence of his dreams.

"Wait why not?"

"Uh...just not safe. I wouldn't want to put my child at any sort of risk whatsoever, even though I want a kid, I just don't think it's smart of me. Same with you but you're a bit more persistent than a child," he joked but you sensed a bit of sadness in his tone despite his joking manner.

"That's sad," you blurt and tilt your head his way.

"Eh, I have Mila so it works out." He assured and shrugged it off a little.

"Oh okay..." you couldn't think of a better lie as to why you were acting weird so you just went with it.

"Something is still wrong, what is it?" He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the island counter directly in front of you.

"Nothings wrong. I was just reading an email Alex sent of what she wants for next week so I'm just scheduling it all out in my head," you responded and closed your laptop from behind.

"Oh. I have to head out for something but if you want I can stay until you fall asleep-?"

"No, it's fine. You can go, you've been here all day." You shooed and he nodded, you decided to upstairs and pretend you were going to sleep until you were sure that he left.

You went upstairs, doing your entire night routine getting into pajamas, brushing your teeth, and constantly looking out the bathroom door to see if you could hear him leaving yet. Just as you were crawling into bed you heard him leaving, the front door shutting and him turning off downstairs lights.

You still wanted to be sure he was gone so you waited ten minutes until you were sure he was gone or at least driven far enough away. The address Mikasa sent was literally right around the corner of your building, as it was the center of everything.

You changed into casual clothing and hurried to put your shoes on, it was 10:58 and a five or ten-ish walk. You quickened your speed and grabbed your coat just before rushing out the door, your keys and keycard were clenched in your fist and instead of waiting on the elevator you just ran down the stairs.