not calling you a liar

—-

"What are you doing...?" You groaned and rubbed your eye, you saw Eren sitting at your desk leaning over with a screwdriver to your phone.

"Go to sleep. You need rest,"

"Yeah and so do you," you turned and got out of bed to get a closer look at what he was doing.

"No, I don't-"

"Eren you pinky promised. Shouldn't you be laying with Mila?" You advised and stood next to him at your desk.

"I told you I'm a liar...I'm going to upgrade your phone," he says casually and puts the back piece back on.

"So you just admitted that you lied about your promise?"

"I never said that," he denied and turned his head to you.

You were confused, beyond confused at what he was saying.

"But you just said, "I told you I'm a liar" after I brought up your promise to me. So do you intend on breaking it?"

"I never intended on keeping it. Here," he handed you back your phone and stood up from the desk, he pushed the chair in and you stood there waiting for him to tell you he was joking.

"Is that a joke? Can you explain it to me, I don't get it?" You forced a laugh but he just stared at you blankly too.

"I'm not joking...now that we've cleared that up can you tell me where he hid my weed?" Eren asked and took a step closer to you.

"Are you serious right now?"

"Yeah, if I want to sleep I need my shit," he scratched his head and you wondered if you were dreaming.

He was acting as if you didn't make it clear that you had his health in your best interest, he just didn't care. You were scared by how easily he lied to you, which made it believable at that.

"I don't know where he hid it-"

"Y/n just tell me. Please I don't want to do the back and forth with you." He groaned and stood in front of you, your hand out still from getting your phone from him but being more focused on the very words coming out of his mouth.

"I said I don't know where he hid it. It probably isn't even here...but-"

He sighed again and walked past you quickly before slamming the door shut. You heard his feet hitting the steps and you just stood there in disbelief at the person you were talking to, it couldn't have been Eren...right? Had you been completely ignoring that side of him when he showed you or was there something else going on?

You heard the front door close loudly, his eagerness frightened you a little. You honestly didn't think it was that serious but rather him openly admitting to not planning on keeping his promise from the start.

You decided to go check on Mila since his mind was very clearly preoccupied, you went into his room and saw her asleep on his bed, she was sleeping at the end of the bed for some reason and you decided to sit in the room to keep an eye on her.

You sat down on the bed quietly and thought about him, waiting. You waited for him to return, the longer you waited the more you regret not figuring out where he was going or going after him. You pulled your knees up to your chest on the bed and rested your head on your arms.

An hour had passed, maybe two or three in the morning you weren't really sure. Eren still wasn't back and you were more worried than before, you got up and went to go see if Carlos happened to stop by or be downstairs since he was always in and out.

You checked and saw him walking back and forth in the middle of a phone call, you walked down the steps and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Can you stay here with Mila until I get back?" You asked and he nodded before continuing his conversation, you grabbed your shoes and your keys.