comparison beyond

"Do your feet still hurt?" He asked and you had rested your face against his shoulder.

"A little. Why? Do you want me to get off?" You asked and lifted your head up.

"No it's fine but if they still hurt I'm going to get you some bandages. There's a convenient store right there so wait here," he explained and set you down on the nearest bench.

"It's okay. They look worse than they feel," you explained after sitting down on the bench and leaning down to take your shoes off.

"You sure? It's right there I don't mind."

"I'm sure,"

He nodded and plopped down next to you. You both sat in silence, it wasn't awkward but you listened to the sound of cars passing by you both.

"You know what's weird? I don't know who I'm angrier at...at least Pieck isn't claiming she has no regrets. Annie acts as if what she did was right and justified," you broke the silence and he looked at you as you spoke.

"Because in her mind she is justified, she's just as fucked up in the head as Armin is because she's willing to do that type of shit for him..like the wire." He responded calmly, he leaned back onto the bench and folded his hands over his lap.

You thought about it and agreed that his explanation made sense. None of this should've happened, none of it.

"They're not even sorry."

"Would an apology make the difference? Apology or not both of them made a conscious decision to go behind your back." You looked over at him and once again you found him returning to the action of smoking.

"It wouldn't but...I don't know," you sighed and stared at the street in front of you.

You sat with your knees pulled up to your chest and leaned to the side; resting your head on his shoulder. He turned his head to the side to blow the smoke out of his mouth then looked down at the top of your head on him.

The both of you sat there together, it was a little cold out but that didn't really matter. For once in your life, you got close to someone you could be around without fear of judgment. You could feel his heart beating fast but assumed it was because of the weed or something like that.

He put his arm over your shoulder, resting it there and continuing to blow and inhale the smoke out of his mouth.

"Look," he pointed up; beyond the buildings across the street in front of you.

"That's the Altair constellation, the brightest one is right there," he moved his finger and pointed to the brightest one, you stared up at the constellation he was referring to in awe.

"How do you remember and see all those?"

"I don't know but I think when I'm high I have better eyesight," he claimed and you laughed a little but he was being dead serious.

You tilted your head up at him, watching him blow the smoke out to the side so he wasn't blowing it in your face, and even inhaling to the side. The way the smoke rolled out his mouth, caressing his lips after each pour of smoke.

"What?"

"You've been nice to me." You pointed out and he didn't really react...much at all to anything really.

"I have no reason to be rude to you,"

"I think I like hanging out with you," you muttered and look at him for his response.

"Why thank you. Vice versa pumpkin' " he gushed and watched you fumble with the gold bracelet in your hand.

"We should probably go. We've been in the same spot for too long." He sounded a little annoyed with the fact but he's the one who suggested it so you were confused but followed along.