the breakdown

- ONE YEAR AGO -

EREN POV:

Usually, Armin would come over and play a couple of rounds of games with me but last night and all of today he didn't. I didn't see him at all either, it made me wonder what he was up to because normally he'd send some sort of text if his plans changed but he didn't this time.

Which is exactly how I ended up on the street of his house, it was late; maybe 11 PM. I saw none of his lights were on except the one in his bedroom which was even more strange, I kept my phone between my hands and texted him to see if he'd reply. He had to of been home since his car was in the driveway and his light was in so I just wanted to know why he was ditching me. The street lights were on and sitting in my parked car really made me look like some sort of creep but I just wanted to know why he was ditching me so often.

Then I saw his front door open. I looked down at my text and he still didn't reply so I was confused.

I was even more confused when Annie was the one walking out of the door, last time I checked Armin and y/n have been together for about a year now.

She was walking down the steps of his house with a bag over her shoulder, Armin stood by the front door and watched her leave. Another car pulled up in front of the driveway and Annie got inside, must've been her ride home.

I'm not an idiot, it didn't take a genius to put together what they were doing. The real dilemma lied with what I was supposed to do about it, I couldn't be seen because my car was black and my headlights were off, I was pulled over a few houses down too. He was my best friend, he did a lot of shady questionable shit but this made top five on the list and not for the simple fact that he was cheating but the fact that he was cheating on a girl who I wanted first.

I knew If I told anyone, the chances of believing me were slim. So when she walked down the steps of his house, I took a picture and made sure they were both visible. Him being shirtless didn't make it look that great either.

Y/N POV:

About an hour and a half ago you were arguing with Armin, he was shouting and so were you. It was over something pointless, you hated arguing with him because he always managed to find a way to make himself slide through the cracks of purity. Escaping your expression of anger by making himself look innocent and you hated it, hated it so much that he managed to make you cry even when you were angry.

Simply frustrated yet you were crying, not out of sadness but you picked up the things he knocked over whilst your cheeks were hot to the touch. You called Annie and asked her to come over, she always knew how to comfort you after an argument and she was so good at it you told her almost everything when it came to these arguments.

Tonight you called her over too and you heard a knock on your bedroom door when you were in the middle of picking up a book off the floor that got knocked over.

"Yes?" You answered and Annie pushed the door open and walked in.

You stood up and she hugged you tightly, she already knew why you called her because there was only one thing you would call for this late. Comfort.

"I'm sorry," she whispered as she kept her arms firmly fitted around you.

"I hate him...so much," you whispered back breathlessly to her.

"I know I know," she rubbed your back and you were forced to look at the mess made in your room from both parties.

-PRESENT TIME-

Y/N POV:

"He's got a thing for you."

"Thing? As in...?"