◾ Drake Alexander Russel ◾

Grief is a powerful emotion

Grief is a powerful emotion. You can bury it in the depths of your heart to fool yourself, thinking you'll forget about it. But the truth is, you can never get rid of it. It stays with you for as long  as you live.

Last year, on this day, I lost  a friend. Drake Russel. Drake was the most kind hearted and the most compassionate person I had ever met. Never once in his life time did he hurt someone. However, the bastard did a number on us the day he left, without saying goodbye. 

Even the weather seems to mourn with us today. The grey clouds blanket the sky... as if telling us.... more like reminding us of the awful past. The wind blows away all the fallen leaves while giving you a chilling sensation that runs down your spine, numbing you to the bones. The only feeling it , doesn't seem to shake is the gloom and sorrow, held in each heart.

"You ready?" Rena's voice startles me.

"I think so." I huff and wipe the tears off my face. I didn't blink so much as an eye last night. I was awake the whole time, remembering everything. And I know Chase too didn't sleep, coz his room lights were on. I wanted to be with him, but I was afraid that he might snap again and this time it would be hard for me handle. 

"Lets go." I say grabbing my jacket and heading for school, where no one really cares or remembers what day it is. Can't believe these are the same people who were bawling there eyes out in front of Drake's locker, saying he would never be forgotten. What a lie.

The day passes by slowly and dreadfully as I walk through every class. Chase and Miles didn't show up, so Rena and I decided to go to the diner for lunch. Later when I came back home, The deafening, consuming silence greeted me. Mocking my loneliness and laughing at me. So I think it'll be better to take a nap instead of sitting in a corner.

Tears spilled out of my eyes the moment my head hit the silky fabric of my pillow. As the time passed, my sobs slowly turned even and the darkness of my horrible dreams took over.

 As the time passed, my sobs slowly turned even and the darkness of my horrible dreams took over

I can't see him like that. He's devastated. There has to be something that I could do to bring my cheerful, playful Chase back. I need to do something or the guilt  will literally eat him up. Going through my drawers, I find my bucket list sitting in one of them.