Dealing With Chris

Sarah cupped her cheek, taken aback that Chris had laid hands on her, especially at a New Years Eve party.

He was a VERY jealous man, although he wasn't like this before.  He was mad that Sarah hadn't fully given herself to him, but in all honesty, she wasn't ready and he certainly wasn't the one. Her body would let her know.

"When are you finally going to fuck me? Will it be soon or will I have to take you by FORCE?" He spat. Their friends sat by idly, smart enough not to interrupt even though they felt bad for her.

"You know I'm not ready for that yet! Pushing me to do it will only lead to the destruction of this relationship!" Sarah exclaimed, pushing her chest out slightly to seem bigger.  She had enough of Chris for the night, but she knew it was only the beginning. The worst would happen behind closed doors.

"Raise your voice at me again and I will RIP your throat out with my bare hands!!" He yelled back, slapping her once more. She was livid!

"Lay hands on me again and it will be the last time you'll have any hands!" Sarah spit. She wiped blood from her lip and glared at him.  She caught a quick glimpse of their friends looking at them, quickly averting their eyes elsewhere. 

"That's it! Say goodnight. We're leaving!" He roared.  He painfully grabbed her wrist and pulled her with him.

"Get off of me!" She thrashed around, trying anything to get out of his grip, but it was useless. Her strength was no match for his.

Tugging her out of the pub they were at, he threw her against the side of the car and dug his fingers under her chin. He forced her to look at him before he slammed her against the car once more.

"You WILL fuck me or I will TAKE it from you! Do you understand? Either that or you can pack a bag and leave!" His eyes looked like dangerous storms and his breath smelled of Bourbon. His hands moved to cup and squeezed her breasts through her shirt.

"Fine!" Was all Sarah said.  She would pack a bag when she got back to their apartment. She had no idea where to go, but anywhere away from Chris was better....right?

"That's what I thought, bitch." He forced his lips upon hers, opened the car door, and shoved her in. 

She was silent on the way home as she stared out the passenger side window.  The street lights began to blur when her eyes filled with tears. Her cheek stung like crazy and she knew it was only a matter of time before it bruised.  She spotted a white barn owl perched on a wooden fence and thought of the Goblin King.  She vaguely remembered him, although she did remember his eyes. She swore they could see her very soul if she looked in them long enough. 

Toby was now a young adult and had long since forgot his time in the Goblin City.  Sarah couldn't forget some details. It was like they were burned in her memory forever. She was snapped out of her daydream when Chris parked in the apartment's parking lot.  His knuckles were white against the steering wheel and his breathing was still ragged.  He shot her an icy glare and got out of the car, heading to their apartment.  She took a deep breath and followed him.

The minute she walked over the threshold, he struck her several more times. Each blow painting her skin with deep bruises that would eventually appear. With one last forceful punch, Sarah fell against the picture stand. Her ribs cried out in pain and were probably broken or would badly bruise.

"Pack your shit and leave. Your very presence disgusts me." Chris spat. He stepped over her and locked himself in his game room. 

Sarah slowly got up and made her way to their room to get her some clothes and some personal belongings. She didn't care what clothes she had, if she had her makeup, or any toiletries. She just wanted to get away from Chris. She zipped up her duffel bag and spotted her red bound book on a floating shelf and grabbed it. Flipping through some of the pages, she stopped when she saw the Labyrinth. She admitted to herself how much she missed this place, even if she was just in the constantly changing Labyrinth.

"I'd rather run through you a million times will all the Goblin King's tricks, than be here another minute. " She spoke out loud. Walking out of their apartment and into the night, she set off to find a better place than here. She realized she forgot a jacket as the cool damp wind and snow hit her skin.

After she walked a few blocks away, she spotted the owl again. 

"I wish you were the Goblin King right now.  I could use a miracle." She smiled before continuing on her way and shivering. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes as she thought more to herself. The cruelty of the Goblin King was more than welcomed at this point.   

Hoot.
Hoot.

Sarah turned around and thought to herself.  Hoping this would work.

"Goblin King, I wish you would come and take me away right now!" She spoke with all the hope and passion in her entire body. 

The owl fervently flapped it's wings. Sarah covered her face as dead leaves flew around her when the wind picked up. 

When she looked up the owl was gone, but in its place was a tall, thin man with long blonde hair, and those eyes.  She'd never forget those eyes. He was actually there in front of her.

"Hello, Sarah." He smiled and dropped down from the branch.  He wore a white, button down shirt with those familiar tight gray pants and black boots.  A warmth flowed through her veins and she felt a tightness in her lower belly she'd never felt before. She didn't know it yet, but she'd give him her body as well as her heart.  His shirt was buttoned dangerously low and she could make out the muscles of his chest and shoulders.