Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I do not own Victorious.

That however, didn’t stop me from saying “what are you doing Beck?”

He was silent for a few moments but quickly said “I thought it was our turn to dance”

I didn’t respond back, we just danced that way in silence. It reminded me of how things used to be between us. We had always gone out to dance and we would dance the whole night. I knew what he was trying to do, he wanted me to remember.

The easiest thing for me to do was to just give in to him, but even though I really wanted to I don’t think it’s the right time. Sure he’s paid enough attention to appreciate me a little more but if I went back now my point wouldn’t really be proven. It’s too soon for me and him to get back together, this time I want for him to truly fight for me.

Once the song was over I got out of his grasp and went back to our table. I guess he expected me to stay there with him and keep on dancing. When I reached the table our friends looked at me strange. I guess even they expected me to go back to him that quickly. It’s kind of funny I’m supposed to be the ruthless one from the group yet I come out as the weakest and I hate that feeling.

“What!” I scream at them, this seems them realize they’ve been staring at me so they all look away. Well all except for Andre he seems to give me an “are you okay?” look. They only thing I can think of is to get away, this is the moment in which I want to leave.

But, I can’t leave, not yet anyways it’s too early and if I leave now it’ll only make me look even weaker. So I go for the easy thing and pull Andre up and say “let’s dance”

He doesn’t hesitate at all and lets me pull him along with me. It’s when we reach the dance floor that I pay attention to the kind of music that’s playing. It’s the kind that couples dance to and it’s not the slow dancing kind. I feel a bit embarrass at first because I don’t know how to procedure. Luckily Andre and I have been friends for a while so I know it won’t be weird.

He pulls me towards him and a start swaying to the music it’s easy for me because I just follow his lead and he never pulls me too close for me to feel uncomfortable. I have to admit that Andre has been a great friend these past few days.

I can feel Beck staring at us and it upsets me that he has that reaction towards Andre, I mean they’re best friends!

“Don’t let him get to you” Andre whispers in my ear.

“Thank you” is all I say.

“What for?” he asks

“For being my friend, I know I haven’t really been the nicest” I respond

At first he laughs but when he sees my expression he says “That’s how you are Jade, it’s what makes you so unique”

I don’t know how to respond because he’s never said anything like that before. For my luck however Cat comes up to us and says “Hey everyone wants to leave, you guys wanna go to?”

“Yeah lets go” I say and start walking with Cat, I know that Andre’s coming as well. I really didn’t mind staying but I don’t think I want to have any sort of emotional conversation with Andre so it’s better if we just leave now.

When we reach the table everyone starts to get up and Tori says “Let’s go to McDonald’s I’m hungry” everyone agreed with even me because to be honest I was hungry too.

We went outside and into the cars the way we came in. I couldn’t help but notice that Beck was really silent and he didn’t seem to look at Andre at all. I wonder if he was jealous, but no I’m just over analyzing things.