Chapter 2 - Reunion

"Rick?" I asked, still staring at him. He paused and studied my face. His eyes searching me, to make sure it was the truth.

"Amelia?" He asked. I nodded, grabbing his shoulders and pulling him into a hug. Rick's arms wrapped around my small body, hugging for what seemed like an eternity.

Then it hit me.

Shane was Rick's best friend too.

"Shane, is he with you?" I asked, my facial expression hopeful. Rick's happy expression changed at an instant and became sad. He shook his head. "Is he alive?"

"No." He said simply, shaking his head again. I could feel my heart break into pieces. My eyes watered until the tears streamed down my cheeks like two big waterfalls. I felt so cold and alone until Rick pulled me into another hug. I shoved my head into his chest and just let my tears run out.

"Ahem!" The redneck fake coughed. "Sorry to interrupt this little reunion, but hundreds of walkers are gonna be pilin' in here from all those damn gun shots!"

Walkers? So that's what they call them.

"Right!" Rick said unwrapping his arms from me and squeezing my shoulder, before turning way. He pointed towards a big R.V. about twenty feet away, which I'm guessing they had arrived in. "Everyone into the R.V. We've gotta get back to camp before the walkers show up." Rick turned and looked at me. "Amelia, are you coming with us?"

I thought about it for a moment. I could either stay on my own, be lonely, and have to fend for myself all the time, or I could go with them and have shelter, food, and possibly the only part of my 'family' that's still alive.

Who am I kidding?

"Of course!" I replied, running over to my dirt bike. I hopped on it and drove over to where they parked the R.V.

Once everyone piled into the R.V., with the exception of the redneck who was on a motorcycle, we made our way down the highway just as a great herd of biters showed up.

I had no idea where we were going, I just hope it's safe. After about a 10 minute drive, I turned to face my left and saw a prison. The R.V. Then turned in the driveway with me and the redneck following closely behind.

We all drove up the path and parked inside the gates right in front of the building.

"You live in a prison?" I asked, confused but astonished, staring up at the big letters that spelled 'C Block' on the side of the building.

"Yep," The Asian man said coming up behind me. "It's actually probably the safest place we've lived since this started."

I continued to stare as we all followed Rick inside to enter cell block C. Once we entered, I stared at all the cells and all of the personal items inside.

"Wow," I said, with my bag over my shoulder, looking at Rick. "You all really made this a place worth living."

"Yeah," Rick replied, glancing around the room. "We haven't cleared out the rest of the prison, but this is a good start."

"It's a great start." I smiled at him.

I watched as everyone set their stuff inside of there cells, and then gathered at a table in another section of the block.

Rick touched my shoulder and brought me over to where everyone sat. "Come meet everybody." He said as we walked. I took my seat next to Rick and on my other side was the Asian man.

"The names Glenn." He said holding out his hand. I shook it gladly.

"Amelia. Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"This is Amelia everyone." Rick stated. "She's Shane's sister.." Everyone seemed to cringe at the sound of his name, even Rick trailed off when he said that sentence. I was curious to why, but I was exhausted so I decided to save that for another day.

Rick continued to go around and tell me everyone's names and a couple things about them. They all greeted my warmly. This seemed like a great group of people to be with.

"Oh, and that's Daryl." Rick finished, pointing all the way to the redneck on the other side of the cell block. He did a simple nod of the head and started walking away. Daryl seems a little off, but I'll manage.

Once it got dark outside and there wasn't really enough light to see inside, everyone started settling into their cells to go to sleep. I walked over to Rick's cell that he shared with his son Carl.

"Where do I sleep?" I asked, my bag still slung over my shoulder.

"Oh, sorry Amelia. There's only one more cell with an open bed. It's all the way on the end there." Rick pointed to the last cell on the other end of the cell block.

"Ok thanks." I replied. "Night guys." I walked over to my new cell only to see Daryl sitting on the bottom bunk cleaning his arrows.

"Can I help you?" He asked, not looking up at me.

"Say hello to your new roommate." I replied smugly. Daryl looked up from his arrows and studied my face.

"You get top." He said in his deep scruffy voice. I threw my bag on the top bunk and climbed up.

"You better not fucking snore..." Daryl muttered, rolling over in his bed. I rolled my eyes and laid down. My eyes flickered closed almost immediately and I fell into a deep sleep.