Chapter 8 - Fight Love Sleep

I hurriedly ate all of my soup. I needed to talk to Daryl and Rick.

What was going on? Why did they come in all frustrated?

I rushed over to the sink and washed. out my bowl.

I walked past Ricks cell, heading to mine.

When I walked in, I saw Daryl cleaning his arrows.

Just as he was sitting 7 days ago, when I first arrived.

"What's wrong?" I asked immediately.

"Nothin'." He shrugged, not taking his eyes off the arrows.

"C'mon! I know you to well for you to say 'nothin'. Seriously what happened between you and Rick?" I said.

He looked up at me.

"Rick came up into the tower, looked me in the eyes and said 'You better not hurt her.' I said 'I wouldn't dream of it.'" He paused. "Then he put age into the problem. 'You're too old for her!' So I gave him his poison." Daryl finished.

"Which was?" I asked.

He sighed. "Punched him in the gut. He was wheezin' the entire time. Serves him right."

"Daryl! He's my best friend!"

"Yeah? Well he can't go off and choose who you or I date! Can he?"

"No. He has no right, but-"

"Exactly! Why don't you go talk to your beloved best friend about it then?!"

"Fine! I will!"

I stormed out of our cell. Than man can be a real dick sometimes!

I walked into Ricks cell, where he was sitting there on his bunk.

"What the hell?" I said. "I can date who ever I want! Plus, I thought you were ok with it!"

Rick looked up at me.

"I was..." He stopped. "But then I thought of him beating you. I thought of Ed beating Carol. Shit! I care about you Am!" He banged his fist against the wall. "I fucking care!"

"I can take care of my self! Besides, I could care less about age! You should too! Have you seen the way Carl looks at Beth?!" He looked shocked. "Yeah! He likes Beth! She's like 4 years older than him! But does Carl care?! No! That goes for me and Daryl too!"

Rick was at a loss for words.

"Think before you speak next time." I said.

As I was walking out, Rick spoke.

"Judith."

"What?"

"Judith. The baby. Her name is Judith." He spoke softly looking at the ground.

I sat down next to him an pulled him into a hug.

"You are one complex son of a bitch. You know that?" I said.

He chuckled. "Yeah. I know. I'll see you in the morning."

"See ya."

I walked back to my cell, to see Daryl fake sleeping on the bottom bunk.

"I know you're faking dumbass." I rolled my eyes.

He turned over to face me.

"You hate me." He stated.

"I don't hate you." I replied.

"Why don't you? You should. I'm a fuckin' ass hole. I was a jerk to you."

Daryl sat up and I sat down next to him

"Yeah. I talked to Rick. He made mistakes. We all did. I forgive you."

"You shouldn't." He sighed. "I'm not a good person."

"Daryl-"

"Don't patronize me! I-"

I broke him off with a kiss. I wrapped my arms around him, making sure he didn't pull away. He put one hand on my waist and one hand tangled in my hair.

I could feel the heat and the passion in the kiss. I could feel his tongue trace my lips. I opened my mouth and let his tongue touch mine.

I felt like fireworks danced around me.

He hoisted my legs around his waist and picked me up. He leaned me against the cell wall, letting his tongue dive deeper into my mouth.

Daryl slowly pulled away. He leaned his forehead against mine. Without opening his eyes, he said "We should probably get some rest."

I nodded, at a loss for words.

We both climbed into our beds.

"Night Am." Daryl said.

"Goodnight Daryl."

I closed my eyes and fell into the darkness of sleep.