Chapter 22 - Faith

-------------------------

Ricks Point of View

-------------------------

I was putting weapons together when Amelia woke up. She yawned and lumbered over towards me. "You need to get ready." I said. "We're leaving in 20 minutes."

"Alright." Amelia replied. "I just hope Daryl's ok." She looked straight into my eyes.

"Me too." I said. "We're going to need him to fight The Governor." Amelia's eyes turned to slits. "Not just for that reason!" I laughed, defending myself. "He seems to have an impression on Carl." As I said this Carl walked out of our cell, dressed and ready to go. "Speaking of Carl." I walked over to my son and pulled him into a hug.

"I'll be back." Amelia spoke. "I'm gonna go get ready." I nodded at her and turned back to Carl as she walked away.

I crouched down to Carl's level and looked him straight in the eyes. He has Lori's eyes. I gave him a slight smile. "Carl." I said. "Promise me you won't leave Amelia's sight while we're looking for Daryl."

"Yeah Dad." Carl replied. "I promise." I nodded and clasped my hand on his shoulder. I stood up and tipped Carl's hat upwards.

"Well Carl." I said. "Let's get these weapons in order." We walked over to the table where the weapons were sprawled out. Carl grabbed his pistol, while I grabbed my M-16. Amelia walked out of her cell ready to leave, and grabbed her bow and sheath of arrows, along with a pistol.

"Where to first?" Amelia asked me.

I considered what Merle had said before. "We're going to check his fathers house first. If he isn't there, we head over to his mothers house."

"What if he isn't there either?" Carl asked, looking up from his pistol. He was really a pessimistic boy.

"Well. Uh. We need weapons to fight Woodbury." I replied. "So we'll be checking for weapons." I scratched my chin in thought. "We don't know of anywhere else he would go." We all stood in silence thinking of things we would do if Daryl wasn't at either place. We were broken out of our trances when we heard someone yell.

"You ladies ready yet?!"Merle yelled. "Let's go find Daryl!"

---------------------------------------

Daryl's Point of View

---------------------------------------

My eyes fluttered open slowly. I was sitting on some sort of cot. I saw a place that I did not recognize. I looked around and saw writing on the walls.

Clear.

Red.

Turned.

These where the words that occurred the most as I looked around. Weapons surrounded me everywhere I looked. I tried to move my hands, but they were zip tied together. I glanced down at my feet, only to see them zip tied as well. I grunted in frustration as I tried to wiggle my hands out of the zip tie.

"You're not gonna be able to get out of that zip tie." A man said. I looked up and saw a black man standing in the doorway. "Made it extra tight 'cause you looked smart enough to know how to slip your hands through."

"Great observation." I spat. "Why don't I bake a cake for the occasion?" The man stayed motionless at the door, showing no emotion. "Look man." I said. "I got people. They'll come lookin'. And when they find me, you'll be as good as dead."

The man smiled wickedly. "I'd like to see them try. You know, the good people...They always die. The bad people? They die too." He smiled again. "But the weak people? People like me? We inherit the Earth!" I'm slightly taken back by the things he's saying, but I try not to show it. "My wife. Bitten. She died. Came back, and I- I couldn't kill her. Karma, Karma came back for me. My son, he was killed.... By her. She attacked him!" He gave a another smile. This one was filled with grief and anger. This man was so broken. I could see it in his eyes.

I've seen many people look broken. My father, my mother, Merle, hell, even Rick, but never have I ever seen anyone this broken. This man was going crazy. He was dangerous. I'm surprised I wasn't killed from the start.

"Don't think I asked." I stated. The mans facial expression changed instantly. I immediately regretted what I had said. His hand traveled down to his pocket and he pulled something out. A pocket knife. He walked over to me slowly and held the knife out in his hand. He crouched down to my eye level, his eyes piercing mine. Out of nowhere, he stabs my thigh making me scream in pain. "YOU CRAZY SON OF A BITCH!" I screamed, staring down at the blood gushing from my thigh. The man gave me a devilish smile, grabbed a helmet, a bulletproof vest, a gun, and walked out of the room.

-------------------------------

Amelia's Point of View

-------------------------------

We haven't found one sign of Daryl. We checked his fathers and his mothers houses, but he wasn't there. I looked up at the sky. It seemed to be about 2 o clock. We were all exhausted. We've been walking for hours. I look over to Carl, his face dripping with sweat.

"Where are we heading now?" I asked Rick, while wiping my forehead with my arm.

"I don't know." He huffed. "We need weapons, but I don't know where we should look."

"We need things for Judith." Carl stated. "We could go to the baby store mom's friend owned."

"Yeah." I agreed. "There's an old weapon store around the block from that shop. We could start there."

"Woah woah Sugar tits." Merle said. I rolled my eyes at the name, while Rick glared at him. "We ain't gonna stop lookin' for Daryl till we find 'im."

"We know Merle." Rick said. "But we need weapons. We don't know what exactly happened to Daryl. We need weapons."

Merle rolled his eyes in disgust and stalked past us. I turned to Rick. "He's a handful." I muttered. Rick nodded in agreement. "Well, lets get moving." Rick, Carl, and I started walking in the direction of the baby store. It seemed to be a 10 minute walk from where we are now. I took a deep breath and took Rick's hand in mine. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I looked down at Carl and put my arm across his shoulders.

I have faith. Faith that we will find Daryl and he'll be just fine. Faith that we will survive the apocalypse. Faith that we will survive.

-------------------------------

Authors Note:

Sorry for the slow update. School and sports are keeping me busy. I will try to update at least once every week or two. Thank you for staying with my story for this long. :)

Don't forget to check out my other book 'When the Dead Walk - The Walking Dead Fanfiction.'

Bye!

~ Courtney :)