Chapter 19 - Rehab

I started wiggling in my seat as Hershel was trying to get my prosthetic arm attached.

He sighed. "You need to stop moving, or it will take even longer."

"I'm sorry!" I said. "I need to move! I've been sitting here for a half an hour!"

"Yes I know I was here too." He joked. "Should only be a little longer."

"You know... I've never thanked you." I said. "So um.. Thanks." I smiled.

Hershel returned the smile. "It's no problem. We are just lucky you made it through that bite."

"Yeah." I replied. I didn't really know how to respond. Where would the group be without me? That I will never know.

***

Another 10 minutes passed when Hershel finally finished.

"You're all set." He said.

"Yay!" I exclaimed childishly.

I hopped out of my chair and reached down to my feet to stretch.

"I don't think I could sit in that chair for another minute!" I laughed. Hershel chuckled along with me.

"You're gonna need some practice before you go on runs or another attack happens." Hershel said sternly.

"Yeah. Yeah. I know." I replied. "I'm going to go see if Michonne will help me with my rehab."

"Alright. Good luck." He said smiling.

I smiled back. "Thanks."

I skipped along to Michonne's cell. I didn't know her to well, but she's an amazing fighter. That's why I chose her to be my rehab buddy.

"Hey." I said, making her jump. "Oops. Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine." She muttered. "Don't get many visitors."

"So I've noticed." I replied. "Anyway, I was wondering if you'd help me out."

"With what?" Michonne asked.

"I need to learn how to use my arm again. Like to shoot a gun, stab a walker, stuff like that." I finished.

"I guess." She said. "Got nothing better to do."

Michonne grabbed her katana sword and I ran and grabbed Carl's pistol with a silencer and my pocket knife. We walked outside the prison and onto the basketball court.

"How do you want to do this?" Michonne asked me.

"Well." I said. "I want you to open the gate and let one walker in at a time. So then I can kill it and move on to the next one. Got it?"

"Yeah." She said. "You sure though? They might come after me instead."

"I know how to deal with that too." I replied.

"Alright." She shrugged and walked over to the gate. "Ready?"

I hesitated for a second and pulled out Carl's gun and my pocket knife. "Ready." I said.

Michonne took a deep breath, unlocked the gate, let a walker walk in, and slammed it shut again. The hideous walker stumbled towards Michonne. She started pulling out her sword until she saw what I was doing.

I pushed the knife into my skin to let a little blood out. The walker turned my direction and started towards me. I whipped out Carl's gun with both hands and shot.

I missed. Ugh. I cocked the gun again and aimed and shot. The walker fell to the ground in a heap. I had shot it straight through the brain.

"Nice shot." Michonne said. "Where did you learn that?" She was referring to me cutting myself to attract the walkers attention.

"I just thought, 'they're attracted to blood so if I cut enough to bleed it will come towards me.'" I said. Michonne looked lost to what I had just said. "It just came to me." I smiled. She smirked back.

"Next one?" Michonne asked.

"Yep." I said.

She opened the gate and let another walker trail in.

-----------------------------------

Daryl's Point of View

-----------------------------------

How could Amelia do that to me? How could she kiss Rick? Did she even think about my feelings during this? Well... I did leave the group, but still! I bet she didn't even think about me while she was kissing Mr Big Bad Sheriff Rick.

I was so pissed. I couldn't pay attention to my hunting while having images of Amelia and Rick kissing play through my head.

Shit. No seriously. I just stepped in some animal shit.

"Damnit." I cursed, scrapping my shoe bottom on a nearby tree. Merle looked back at me and smirked.

"What's got yer undies in a twist Darylina?" Merle asked.

"Call me that one more fucking time-" I started.

"You'll what? Tell your best bitch Rick I'm callin ya names?" He smirked.

"I ain't nobody's bitch." I said.

"You ain't? What about that Amelia girl?" My expression changed instantly and Merle noticed. "Mhmm. I see the way y'all look at each other."

"I'd say it ain't your business." I said, storming past him.

"I'd say it is." He said behind me. "She is a sexy one I'll give ya that." Merle smirked.

He crossed the line. I turned around and came face to face with him, our noses almost touching.

"You don't know shit! I suggest shuttin' your fuckin' pie hole!" I yelled. "I told ya, I ain't nobody's bitch no more!" I turned and started walking again, but Merle didn't move.

"No more?" Merle questioned.

I stopped in my tracks. Damn. Shouldn't have said that.

"But you were?" I could sense him smirking behind me.

"It don't matter if I was." I said quietly.

"Oooh. My baby brother got himself a girlfriend!" He laughed. "And what 'bout the other one? Carol?"

I could feel my eyes growing 10x bigger.

"Don't you bring her into this." I said turning back to face Merle.

"Ya like her don't ya Darylina?" He smirked once more.

I couldn't tell him because I don't even know how I feel about her. I don't wanna talk about my feelings anyway.

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to get away from him. From Amelia. From Rick. From Carol. From everyone. So I ran. I just ran. Away from the prison. Away from the group.

-------------------------------------

Authors note:

Hey guys! So what did you think? Where's Daryl going to go? Leave predictions in the comments! Don't you just love how I used Daryl's famous line? ;) Thanks for reading!

~ Courtney :)