| Meant To Be |

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay with the update, but after a long Ramadan break, I sort of became lazy and uninspired when it came to write.

Predestined, in my opinion, is complete, and there's not much else to write about. In simple terms, I'm done with it and I think it's almost time to stop. 

I would like to thank you all for your support as usual, and I hope I see you guys just as active in my new story 'Empowered'.

****

ONE MONTH LATER

Mishal

The schools were out for holiday, and although both Rohail and I had booked time off to spend with the kids, there were some unexpected change of plans.

Sobia was going to London to visit her mother, who was reaching the end of her final trimester, and so Maaz insisted that he wanted to spend a few nights with his Chachu. Meanwhile, Rabail was staying over a few nights before she moved to Karachi with her family, and Inara was happy in the company of her Phupho and Dada Jaan. 

Rabail took this opportunity to suggest that Rohail and I went to a resort in Murree for three nights, as a mini-break. I wasn't exactly surprised that my Nand had suggested that, considering that she had been encouraging us more and more to spend time together, whether it was to go on a walk, or to go out for a meal.

To save time, we were going to fly up to Islamabad, and then rent a car from there to go to Murree. 

I wore a white fitted shalwar and an aqua shirt that ended at my thighs. Over a sleeveless plain undershirt, there was a long-sleeved lace layer with delicate floral embroidery over it, and sheer sleeves. I matched the outfit with white and brown wedge sandals, and a large white tote bag. Deep down, I knew what this trip meant for us, and I did make an extra effort to look my best.

Rohail was wearing slate grey jeans and a light blue button-down shirt that seemed to compliment my outfit surprisingly well. With sunglasses covering his eyes, and his hair wind-ruffled, he looked beyond attractive to me, and a part of me was eager to reach our destination as soon as possible.

In the last month, I had formed a special bond with Inara (and Bubbles). My father-in-law often said that the sweet little girl seemed much happier now, Ma Sha Allah. In fact, Inara and I had made a routine of sitting in the garden every evening, with me reading her a story while Bubbles played at our feet. 

Maaz, meanwhile, loved playing basketball with Rohail, and my son really adored his stepfather. They also had a habit of watching superhero films together, and Maaz was thrilled that my husband liked them just as much as he did.

Maaz still hesitant around Inara, but at least he didn't act repulsed now. In fact, he had started to show his brotherly side, for example, if Inara wanted more chocolate after finishing hers, he offered her some of his own.

While the kids were settling in well, Rohail and I still acted more like friends than a married couple. 

It might change on this trip. I couldn't help thinking as I stared out of the window at the passing scenery as we drove to Murree from the car rental place at Islamabad airport. I glanced down at the silver glittering nail polish adorning my nails. It was a halal nail polish, one that allowed water to pass through so that wudhu can be performed. I glanced at my rings, at my silver kangan, everywhere but at him. I was feeling truly nervous.