| The Art of Wooing |

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Bia

I tried not to blink as I leaned as close to the mirror as possible, trying to apply my eyeliner. "Oww!" I muttered as I accidentally poked my eye, which immediately began to sting a little as eyeliner got into it.

It was bright and early on a Monday morning, and I was heading to the BeeWrite office to receive my first draft of the contract. I was going to read it (i.e. get Shehzad to read it) and then decide whether I agreed to the terms or not. If not, we'd have a meeting to discuss the terms. But if I agreed, then I'd sign the contract and by next week, will start my new job.

I was wearing a dark green dress with a narrow black belt over the midriff and a black blazer, along with black tights and black stiletto-heel court shoes. My hair was in a formal up-do, styled to seem appropriate for work. Spraying on my Elie Saab perfume, I examined my reflection in the mirror and smiled nervously. "I hope this contract is acceptable." 

Grabbing my black purse, I began to head out. "Shez, the driver will drop me off and will come straight back, okay? I'd take an Uber, but I chose to sleep in those fifteen extra minutes, so now I'd rather not wait for a taxi." I spoke as I walked and rummaged through my purse to make sure that I had everything in it. My eyes widened. I better keep an extra pad. My periods tend to choose the worst time to make a grand appearance! I turned and began to walk back to the room, when Shehzad stepped out of the guest room and straight into my path.

He had chosen to get ready in the guest bedroom, while I had my stuff spread out all over the room as I decided on an outfit. Now he stood in front of me in his formal black trousers and an unbuttoned white shirt, running a hand through his hair as he yawned. "If I don't get a coffee now, I'll fall asleep standing." 

He had no idea what effect his well-toned torso was having on me, all exposed like that. I bit my lip back, my eyes running from his chest to his stomach, and back repeatedly.

I walked up to him, and grabbed him by the lapels, tilting my head back slightly. I fluttered my newly adorned eyes at him, feeling my heart dance eccentrically inside my chest. He looked at me, his eyes widened slightly. I ran a thumb over his lips, wanting to kiss them instead. "You look hot, Ma Sha Allah." I whispered, placing a kiss over his bare chest. As I stepped back, I realised that I had left my lipstick mark where I'd kissed him, and I stifled a giggle.

"Sobia..." He whispered out my name. 

"I'm going to pick up my contract." I acted nonchalant. "I'll see you in the evening, In Sha Allah." Giving him a wink, I walked into our bedroom to get a pad. When I came back outside, he was still standing on the same spot, staring thoughtfully at the ground, a small frown on his face. "You have plenty of time to decide what you want to wear for our date this evening, Mr Shehzad Arshad." I walked past him, confidently.

"Date?" His confused voice made me smile.

I turned to glance at him over my shoulder. "We're married, so why does the idea of dating me shock you, Waqeel Sahab?" 

*Waqeel Sahab: Mr Lawyer.

"Allah Hafiz." I smiled at him, before heading out, feeling happy.

Halal wooing seemed like a fun idea!

****

"Sorry, I'm babysitting today." Rabail shook her head, sighing. 

In the corner of her office sat two little kids, a boy and a girl, playing with Legos.

"That's my son, Zoraiz, and my brother's daughter, Inara." She nodded towards the kids.