| Dinner |

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

TWO WEEKS LATER

Bia

I stood in the classroom beside the teacher, Ms Sakina, on my first day as an undercover teaching assistant. With the contract approved by Shehzad, I was now officially a writer at BeeWrite.

"Ladies, this is Sobia Shehzad, and she will be my assistant." The teacher told the class in Urdu. This class is particular was ladies-only. There were co-ed classes as well, but people had a choice to pick ladies-only (or men-only) classes. 

Ms Sakina had no idea that I was a writer, assigned to write a report on the poor quality of teaching at this school, which meant that everything in these classes will be authentic and not a façade.

I was wearing a long black maxi dress with red flowers printed on it and strappy black high heel sandals. I had wrapped a red silk scarf around my neck in layers, and my hair was in a fishtail braid. In my ears were silver hoops, and wore black metallic bracelets in my arm. I had been in a dilemma whether I should wear an Eastern outfit or not, but then I decided that I'd rather just be myself. There was nothing wrong or scandalous about my appearance. 

In these two weeks, a lot has changed. Shehzad had started seeing a counsellor, recommended by some close family friends. I had started working with BeeWrite since two days now, and I was excited about these new opportunities. I'd returned home last week from London, whereas Shehzad had come back two days after the funeral. I also knew that Mama was okay, even after the hurtful words of her own mother. Through my parents I saw how much a supportive partner could help us fight through even the most difficult of situations.

And no. I hadn't confessed my feelings for Shehzad yet, but I planned on doing so tonight. After a long time, we were going to have dinner together tonight. Usually he was busy with work, or lately he has been seen Maaz more as well, hoping to make it up to his beloved nephew for all the time he had spent avoiding him due to guilt. 

But tonight, it as going to be just me and Shez and I was looking forward to it.

****

Shehzad

"Chachu!" Maaz sprayed me with his water gun, and I pretended to fall to the ground, faking groans. "Superhero Maaz saves the day!" He jumped up and down happily.

I laughed. He reminded me of myself, actually. I used to behave like this as well when my brother and I used to play together in our childhood. I glanced at the time, and saw that it was almost six. Standing up, I placed my hands on my hips. "Okay, little guy, it's time to go home. Mama must be waiting for you." 

Bee's class had ended at five, but she was going to go to the BeeWrite office with Rabail once she was finished. I was going to pick her up around seven and then we were going to have dinner together.

Maaz's school had a half day today, so I had picked him up while Mishal was at work, and I was looking after him until his mother was free. 

Maaz followed me into my room when I went to get my wallet and car keys, and he saw my sunglasses on the bedside table and put them on. "I look cool!"

I chuckled as I quickly sprayed on my cologne.

He walked over to where I stood and looked up at me, almost thoughtfully. "I missed you, Chachu." 

I looked down at him and my heart broke. His face was filled with innocence, and his eyes had unanswered questions swirling around inside them. I felt like a complete an utter a**. I was the closest paternal figure in his life now, after Bhai, and I had been neglecting him simply because I had no idea how to handle my own feelings. I crouched down and placed my hands on his shoulders. "I missed you too, kiddo." I hugged him, and I felt a strange sort of comfort.