01

* • * • *
Getting Older - Billie Eilish
* • * • *

Squinting your left eye and take a look at your phone screen to see if there's any notification you've received, well there's one message that catch your interest. It's from your boyfriend saying happy birthday to you. Yes, today is your birthday; your 23th birthday.

A smile forms on your lips when you read the message your boyfriend sent to you. He wishes you to have the best birthday. Not forget to mention that you can do anything you want today and he will obey everything you say. Well, that's indeed exciting despite you hate birthdays. Just your birthday to be honest.

It's not like you're literally hate it, just the idea of getting old is really not impress you at all. If it's getting older every year will earn $1 million, maybe you would like the idea of a birthday more but sadly that's not how life works.

And what makes you feel giddy is the thought of spending your birthday with your boyfriend. He did make you think that birthday isn't just getting older every year, but it's a new blessing to spend more time with the loved ones.

This is gonna be the third times you'll spend your birthday with him, and next month will be your four years anniversary together. You already planning the idea how you two should celebrate your four years anniversary.

As you decided to go to your favorite cafe with him tonight, you start to rummage your closet to find an outfit that you will be wearing later. Not satisfied with what you have inside your closet, you just take out a black crewneck and pair of high boyfriend jeans.

"Yup, I hate birthday anyways. Why should I try too hard for it." With a sigh, you get into the bathroom and start getting ready.

•••

Your phone dings alert you from notification comes up. Finishing up your lipstick and take a last look at your natural make up, you grab your phone and read the message. It's from your boyfriend, saying that he already in front of your house and you reply with an okay.

Sliding your phone inside your purse, you run downstairs to take your shoes before heading to the front door. Your mom who sit on the couch already looking at your directions with her brows raised.

"Are you going out? Where are you going? With who? Are you going home late or not going home at all?" Your mom bombard you with a lot of questions in one go is her specialization.

"Yes, I'm going out." That's all you get to answer your mom's long list questions while putting your shoes on.

"Well, happy birthday anyway!" She says.

You look at her with a smile and nod before dash out of the house without saying anything. "Oh my god kid these days." Your mom mumbling with a sigh.

Stepping on your front yard, you can see your boyfriend waiting inside his car. You open the passenger door and hop in before turning your head to the side only to see your boyfriend already looking at you with little smile on his lips.

"Happy birthday babe."

Smiling back to him, you lean toward him to give him a hug. "Thank you but don't mention it."

You chuckle as you release from the hug and he starts the engine, "Put your seat belt babe." He says to you and start driving.

The ride is silence. All you can hear is the music from the radio and your breathing. It's always been like this. You both are not a romantic couple and surely not the chitchat couple either. Occasionally you will have a conversation for important things only.

When you arrived at the cafe, you go to the counter straightly and order your drink and food before paying and heading to choose a seat. You decide to stay at the outdoor seat area with brick decorated floor at the back cafe.

You both are looking through your phones when the waiter comes to your table with your order. After the waiter done and left, your boyfriend pick up the fork and begin digging his food.

"Oh god I'm starving."

"Slow down yoongs, no one's gonna steal your foo—," Before you finish your sentence, Yoongi's right hand just happened to nudge his glass and make his drink to spill all over the table and his shirt.

"Fuck!" He shrieks and take a napkin to wipe the spilled drink on his shirt.

"Oh my god Yoongi, what did I say just now? Be careful please." You say while putting the empty glass aside.

"Well too late for that. Go get me a new napkin, can you Y/N?" He scoffs with annoyance appears on his face.

You got up from your seat with a sigh and head to the counter asking for a few napkins. This is not how you imagine spending on your birthday.

•••

On the ride home, you still feel a little hurt by the way Yoongi talked to you earlier. But not only that, you feel that he's kind of acting weird too the entire time. Precisely, he's been acting weird and distance since the last two months. With you being you, again you decided to hold your feelings back and shrug it off.

"Happy birthday again babe." Yoongi speaks after turning off the engine of his car, stopping in front of your house.

"Thanks baby and thank you for spending your time with me today." You say while unbuckling your seat belt.

Yoongi is staring at you and raise one of his eyebrow, "Where is my kiss tho?"

Turning your head at him while giggling, you lean forward to give him a peck on his right cheek. But before you could lean back, Yoongi grabs your chin before tilting your head to the side and kisses you hard.

You're a little bit surprise but you kiss him back soon after he bites your lower lip. Not waiting anymore time, he enter his tongue inside your mouth, making you release unashamed moan. Panting hard and trying to catch your breathing, you parted from the kiss and Yoongi leans back to his seat.

"Go inside babe, it's getting late." He says while turning on the engine.

You look at him with sad smile, "O-okay. Goodnight, drive safe."

He glances at you with small smile, showing a little his gummy teeth. "I will."

You get out of the car still with a sad smile and disappointed feeling. You wave your hand at your boyfriend when the car start moving further away from your house.

"I guess no birthday gift for me this year." You mumble for yourself with a sigh. "Whatever, I don't like birthday anyway."

******
Rare's note :
Edited!
My first book ever!
I've tried to rewrite and republished but I'm still keep most of the plot like the first original💜
ANYONE playlist on spotify, link in my bio❤️