54. Final Epilogue - Adopted

"Jungkook? Honey? Is everything okay?" Mrs. Jeon rushed with an aghast face when Jungkook entered the house with his luggage, looking grim. "You didn't inform us you were coming. Where's Jimin?" She looked back, but Jungkook kept walking in and placed his bag in a corner. 

"I am alone, mother. And I am tired. Can we please talk tomorrow?"

Mrs. Jeon's heart rate sped up. Did the two husbands fight? "Sure, honey," she said hesitantly. "Have a good rest."

Jungkook walked upstairs to his old room and Mrs. Jeon rushed, wanting to inform Mr. Jeon that something wasn't right. Just as she opened her bedroom door, she saw her husband sleeping. "Honey, wake up," she shook the man. Mr. Jeon didn't stir at first, but then when he was shaken again, his eyes popped open.  "Jungkook is here," the woman spoke in worry.

"And he seems upset. He is alone. I asked where Jimin is and he simply avoided the question."

"Come here," Mr. Jeon pulled his wife in his arms. "You fight with me and every other married couple fights. Don't worry about Jungkook. Let Jimin worry about him in this."

"I suppose," Mrs. Jeon pouted. "But he looks bleak. Why don't you go and talk to him?"

"No," Mr. Jeon spoke in a strict voice. "He needs his space. We will talk to him in the morning."

**

The maid was serving breakfast on Jungkook's plate and his parents were gawking at him, one more subtle than the other. "Are you feeling okay, Jungkook?" Mr. Jeon asked calmly. 

"Yes, Appa," Jungkook smiled, taking his chopsticks to start eating. 

"Jimin called us last night. He asked us to talk to you."

The 25-year-old man put the chopsticks down and sighed to regulate his anger. "Let me guess. Do you think he is right too? You are also not on your son's side?"

Mrs. Jeon looked pitifully at Jungkook. "I am not against his decision, no." Mr. Jeon uttered clearly. 

"How do you not see a problem? He wants to move to the states permanently. I can't live there leaving you and my parents-in-law all alone here. I have been telling him the same thing since the beginning, but it seems like my opinion matters like it's nothing when it comes to his professional life."

"That's not true, son," Mr. Jeon now scowled at him. "He did ask you if you wanted to be his partner. You said no to it."

"Because I don't want anything to do with money. It's his money. I know he was doing this to protect me, but I-"

"Only his money?" Mrs. Jeon interrupted. "When you were born, I stopped working for three years. Your father was the only one who had a paying job. Did it mean that his money wasn't mine?"

"I didn't mean it that way, Eomma. It's different. You had a job. I don't work. I never worked. I feel like I am a burden now."

"Did Jimin say something to make you feel like that?" Mrs. Jeon asked carefully, reaching to hold Jungkook's palm. 

"He doesn't have to say it for me to realize it. He completely sidelined me from any discussion."

Jungkook got up and left, without eating. 

"When is Jimin coming?" Mrs. Jeon asked Mr. Jeon as she saw their little boy disappear in front of their eyes.