10. Heat Wave

"Mom! I cannot seriously find it!  Please send help!" Jungkook was yelling from his room and Mrs. Jeon sighed in anger as she left the cooking in between and reached her son's room with expressions resembling a killer wolf, hands on her waist, and bangs falling in her eyes that she blew by huffing. 

"You have so many shoes, so many of them. Why do you suddenly need the red Jordans? You have not worn anything red in three years."

"It might just be my lucky day. Just find them, please." Jungkook pouted. 

How could a mother say no to her son? Specially the pouting one. She got into Jungkook's little closet that had an overboard sign hung at the entrance, Golden Closet. 

"Why don't they just give a school uniform to seniors too? I can't take this new job of shoe hunter every other morning." Mrs. Jeon murmured in exasperation as she ruffled through Jungkook's Iron man figurines on the ground.

The closet was situated beside his bathroom. It was nothing fancy or big but it was more than enough and a little changing room was also provided in it where Jungkook had a wall-length mirror to check himself after getting ready.

The mother triumphantly walked out with red Jordans in a few minutes, bringing Jungkook's eyes a sparkling crinkle that was hard to miss.

He jumped on his mother and kissed the hell out of her cheeks. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." He tried to lift her up but Mrs. Jeon pushed the boy down, not wanting to assert the exhaustion towards him before he even started his day, and it was just two weeks ago that boy had started going to school after recovering for 7 days in the hospital and at home. 

Jungkook didn't give any name to his parents even after repeatedly asking. Mrs. Jeon knew that her son was growing up and he wanted to deal with shit on his own but that didn't make her feel less scared at all times whenever the adorable little boy was not in front of her eyes. 

"And mom," Jungkook looked up while tying his shoelaces. "I might come home late... Because um, it's a surprise and I will tell you once I am back."

"Oh, sure!" Mrs. Jeon said sarcastically. "Live your life."

"Soooooo... Is it a yes on the curfew extension?" Jungkook asked with brows edged up in anticipation as he slowly stood from the bed.

"Not even a half minute." Mrs. Jeon replied indifferently, turning to walk out and tend to her cooking. 

"How do I enjoy my life when you never let me go out?!" Jungkook yelled after her. 

**

After the lunch break, many students ran towards the school auditorium today. Jungkook was one of them and he was welcomed by three teachers among which, first handed him a slip, the second one handed him a sipper and the third was just standing at the gate as a guard, scanning everyone as if he could see the students naked. 

Jungkook ignored the tough glances from the third teacher and walked into a big rectangular room. The floor was wooden and glossy, one entire side of the wall covered with a mirror, two big speakers kept on either corner of the very well illuminated room.

Jungkook looked at himself in the mirror and pressed his lips into a thin line. He looked good and was all set for the audition. He assured himself that.

Everyone attached the slip which was actually a label with a number printed on it on their shirts and kept their matching number sippers alongside the wall at the back.

The boy's eyes fell on a familiar face who flashed him a smile, Jung Hoseok. Jungkook did not look back at Hoseok after that one accidental eye contact. Albeit the senior seemed nice, he was Jimin's friend and Jungkook wanted to do nothing with anyone who had ties with Jimin.