11. Why Him?

Two days later, everyone who was selected was called into the studio. As Jimin waited for the teacher to come and announce the theme of this year's dance, he noticed Jungkook sitting in the corner on the floor with his earphones plugged into his ears. The boy had worn a red loose hoodie with denim pants, and white sneakers. As the rotation fan from the ceiling moved, Jungkook's hair swayed haphazardly.

A few juniors, who were earlier Jugnkook's classmates, made their way towards the boy and Jimin silently watched, wearing stoic expressions. "Oi!" One boy kicked onto Jungkook's sneakers and Jungkook looked up to see a plump and tall kid.

He sighed and took off his earphones before he stood up to daringly face the troublemaker. "I didn't think they took nut heads into the group." The younger scoffed.

"What did you say to me, shortie?" The boy bunched Jungkook's hoodie collar into his hands before the studio turned into chaotic hurls of yells and stampedes.

Before Jungkook could discern, the junior was dragged away by Jimin and the younger couldn't believe his eyes. Dubious thoughts weighed him down when he realized that Jimin was helping him. Did this favor mean he had to return it? What he was witnessing became a blurry reality with the questions blindsiding his brain.

This was the Jimin Jungkook once knew, a talented, charming, and smugly hot guy who he admired from afar, but was never once noticed by his idol. It was all before he was thrown in the lap of his illness when he forgot everything. But it didn't mean he found Jimin any less admirable. Jimin was not now just his little crush, but his classmate and his bully whom he hated to love.

"You did not have to do that. I can fight back." Jungkook said sternly to the older who steadily returned after pushing the boy and his group out of the studio.

"I did not do it for you. I did it for the reputation we maintained. No one can talk to any of my classmates like that. They are fucking juniors and they should know their place." Jimin replied coldly while his hands brushed through his hair and his eyes looked away.

"Okay, kids! Gather around." The teacher swung into the class, huffing visibly and audibly as the students stepped ahead. "This year's theme is contemporary."

Jimin's lips stretched into a charming smile and Hoseok patted his shoulder. The boy had been taking the same lessons this summer, but he didn't expect the theme to be it. The said smile faded when he heard the next words from the teacher. "Center position will be of Jungkook."

"What?!" Jimin barked out.

"Look, Jimin," The teacher blinked swiftly like a doll as he moved closer to Jimin. "It's not just me, it's the combined decision of the committee. Jungkook is a fresh face and it would be better to show something unexpected. You have always been at the center and it's no harm to mix things up a little." He pleaded discursively, more than replied.

**

"Are you jealous?" Hoseok asked, trying to discover the real emotions in Jimin's eyes because the boy often hid them.

"This is an outrage. I am not jealous, I fucking sympathize with those shell heads. Is this even a good excuse?" Jimin was vexed furthermore.

"See, whatever happened, Jungkook didn't ask for it. Please don't go again provoking him, he is not in good company and it is wise that you now really focus on getting graduated." Hoseok asked the boy.

"It's no use, man. Next is what? I would be losing my top position to him?" Jimin tucked his hands in his tight black jeans and turned around to walk away carrying his backpack on his shoulder. Hoseok followed mindlessly without any issue.